Affiliation: King's College London
- Impaired intellect and memory: a missing link between genetic risk and schizophrenia?Timothea Toulopoulou
King s College London, United Kingdom
Arch Gen Psychiatry 67:905-13. 2010..Although a variety of candidate intermediate phenotypes have emerged, few have explicitly quantified the extent of their genetic overlap with schizophrenia...
- Increased inferior frontal activation during word generation: a marker of genetic risk for schizophrenia but not bipolar disorder?Sergi G Costafreda
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Hum Brain Mapp 30:3287-98. 2009..Increased engagement of the inferior frontal cortex during verbal-fluency may thus be a marker of genetic vulnerability to schizophrenia...
- Genetic overlap between schizophrenia and selective components of executive functionSheena F Owens
Department of Psychosis Studies, PO 63, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, United Kingdom
Schizophr Res 127:181-7. 2011..The inclusion of this mental flexibility phenotype in linkage or association analysis should improve the power to detect susceptibility genes for schizophrenia...
- Interaction between effects of genes coding for dopamine and glutamate transmission on striatal and parahippocampal functionAndreina Pauli
Department of Psychosis Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Hum Brain Mapp 34:2244-58. 2013..This provides evidence that interactions between the dopamine and the glutamate system, thought to be altered in psychosis, have an impact in executive processing which can be modulated by common genetic variation...
- Effect of D-amino acid oxidase activator (DAOA; G72) on brain function during verbal fluencyDiana P Prata
Department of Psychosis Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Hum Brain Mapp 33:143-53. 2012..Linkage, genetic association and expression studies have implicated the G72 gene in both schizophrenia and bipolar disorder...
- Altered integrity of perisylvian language pathways in schizophrenia: relationship to auditory hallucinationsMarco Catani
Department of Forensic and Neurodevelopmental Sciences, King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 70:1143-50. 2011....
- Risk variant of oligodendrocyte lineage transcription factor 2 is associated with reduced white matter integrityDiana P Prata
Department of Psychosis Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, King s Health Partners, London, United Kingdom
Hum Brain Mapp 34:2025-31. 2013..This is consistent with evidence that it is a schizophrenia susceptibility gene, and suggests that it may confer increased risk through an effect on neuroanatomical connectivity...
- Regional gray matter volume in monozygotic twins concordant and discordant for schizophreniaStefan J Borgwardt
Section of Neuroimaging, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 67:956-64. 2010..We investigated the influence of genetic and environmental risk on GMV in monozygotic (MZ) twin pairs concordant and discordant for schizophrenia...
- Epistasis between the DAT 3' UTR VNTR and the COMT Val158Met SNP on cortical function in healthy subjects and patients with schizophreniaDiana P Prata
Division of Psychological Medicine and Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London WC2R 2LS, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:13600-5. 2009....