Leonie S Taams
Affiliation: King's College London
- Modulation of monocyte/macrophage function by human CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cellsLeonie S Taams
Infection and Immunity Research Group, Franklin Wilkins Building, King s College London, UK
Hum Immunol 66:222-30. 2005..Together, these data demonstrate that CD4+CD25+ Tregs can exert direct suppressive effects on monocytes/macrophages, thereby affecting subsequent innate and adaptive immune responses...
- The generation and antigen-specificity of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cellsLeonie S Taams
Dept Immunobiology, King s College London, St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RT, UK
Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets 5:149-56. 2006..The aim of this review is to summarize the evidence supporting these opposing viewpoints and to combine them into a general model for the origin, function and antigen-specificity of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells...
- Regulatory T cells in human disease and their potential for therapeutic manipulationLeonie S Taams
Division of Infection, Immunity and Inflammatory Diseases, Guy s Hospital, King s College London, London, UK
Immunology 118:1-9. 2006..The purpose of this review was to summarize current knowledge on regulatory T-cell function in human disease, and to assess critically how this can be tailored to suit the therapeutic manipulation of immunity...
- Peripheral generation and function of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cellsL S Taams
Infection and Immunity Research Group, King s College London, Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NN, UK
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 293:115-31. 2005..These features make the CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cell subset an interesting target for immunotherapy of chronic inflammatory or autoimmune diseases...
- Interaction with activated monocytes enhances cytokine expression and suppressive activity of human CD4+CD45ro+CD25+CD127(low) regulatory T cellsGina J Walter
King s College London, London, UK
Arthritis Rheum 65:627-38. 2013....
- Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor: a pivotal mediator of anti-inflammatory responses in acetaminophen-induced acute liver failureCharalambos Gustav Antoniades
Section of Hepatology, St Mary s Hospital, Imperial College, London, UK Institute of Liver Sciences, King s College London, London, UK
Hepatology 59:1564-76. 2014..Conclusion: SLPI is a pivotal mediator of anti-inflammatory responses in AALF through modulation of monocyte/macrophage function, which may account for the susceptibility to sepsis in AALF...
- Interleukin-17+CD8+ T cells are enriched in the joints of patients with psoriatic arthritis and correlate with disease activity and joint damage progressionBina Menon
King s College London and Guy s and St Thomas Hospitals Foundation NHS Trust, London, UK
Arthritis Rheumatol 66:1272-81. 2014....
- FAS/FAS-L dependent killing of activated human monocytes and macrophages by CD4+CD25- responder T cells, but not CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cellsAnn L Jagger
Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology of Inflammation, Division of Immunology, Infection and Inflammatory Disease, King s College London, London SE1 1UL, UK
J Autoimmun 38:29-38. 2012....
- The peripheral generation of CD4+ CD25+ regulatory T cellsArne N Akbar
Department of Immunology and Molecular Pathology, Windeyer Institute for Medical Sciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
Immunology 109:319-25. 2003
- Decreased TNF-alpha synthesis by macrophages restricts cutaneous immunosurveillance by memory CD4+ T cells during agingElaine Agius
Department of Immunology, Division of Infection and Immunity, University College London, London, W1T 4JF, England, UK
J Exp Med 206:1929-40. 2009..This may be a predisposing factor for the development of malignancy and infection in the skin during aging...
- Source and characterization of hepatic macrophages in acetaminophen-induced acute liver failure in humansCharalambos Gustav Antoniades
Institute of Liver Studies and Cellular Biology of Inflammation, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Hepatology 56:735-46. 2012..Levels of CCL2, CCL3, interleukin (IL)-6, IL-10, and transforming growth factor-β1 were significantly elevated in AALF liver tissue relative to chronic liver disease controls...
- Optimal induction of T helper 17 cells in humans requires T cell receptor ligation in the context of Toll-like receptor-activated monocytesHayley G Evans
Departments of Immunobiology and Nephrology and Transplantation, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:17034-9. 2007....
- CD161 expression characterizes a subpopulation of human regulatory T cells that produces IL-17 in a STAT3-dependent mannerBehdad Afzali
Medical Research Council Centre for Transplantation, King s College London, King s Health Partners, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Immunol 43:2043-54. 2013..As IL-17 production from this Treg-cell subpopulation is not accompanied by a loss of regulatory function, in the context of cell therapy, exclusion of these cells from the cell product may not be necessary. ..
- Lack of suppressive CD4+CD25+FOXP3+ T cells in advanced stages of primary cutaneous T-cell lymphomaMachteld M Tiemessen
Immunobiology Department, Division of Immunology, Infection and Inflammatory Disease, King s College London School of Medicine at Guy s, King s College and St Thomas Hospitals, London, UK
J Invest Dermatol 126:2217-23. 2006..Our findings thus indicate a dysfunction of peripheral Tregs in certain CTCL patients, which correlates with tumor burden...
- CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells induce alternative activation of human monocytes/macrophagesMachteld M Tiemessen
Department of Immunobiology, Division of Immunology, Infection and Inflammatory Disease, King s College London School of Medicine at Guy s, King s College, and St Thomas Hospitals, London SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:19446-51. 2007..Moreover, the data suggest that the Treg-mediated induction of AAM partly involves a novel, cytokine-independent pathway...
- Proinflammatory mediator-induced reversal of CD4+,CD25+ regulatory T cell-mediated suppression in rheumatoid arthritisJocea M R van Amelsfort
University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 56:732-42. 2007..The purpose of the present study was to investigate whether particular proinflammatory mediators that are associated with RA could abrogate CD4+,CD25+ Treg-mediated suppression...
- Antigen-specific T cell suppression by human CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cellsLeonie S Taams
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Immunol 32:1621-30. 2002..This would provide a mechanism for the generation of regulatory cells that induce tolerance to a wide array of antigens that may not be encountered in the thymus...
- CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells in rheumatoid arthritis: differences in the presence, phenotype, and function between peripheral blood and synovial fluidJocea M R van Amelsfort
University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 50:2775-85. 2004..We investigated the presence, phenotype, and function of CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells in peripheral blood (PB) and synovial fluid (SF) from patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Identification of a CD4+CD25+ T cell subset committed in vivo to suppress antigen-specific T cell responses without additional stimulationEsther N M Nolte-'t Hoen
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Division of Immunology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Immunol 34:3016-27. 2004..This suggests that the presence of CD4+CD25+CD134+ T cells indicates sites of active immune suppression...
- Modulation of T cell responses after cross-talk between antigen presenting cells and T cells: a give-and-take relationshipMarca H M Wauben
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, P O Box 80 165, 3508 TD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Novartis Found Symp 252:211-20; discussion 220-5, 257-67. 2003..We speculate that the quantity and quality of molecule reshuffling during cross-talk between T cells and APCs play a role in the regulation of the T cell response...
- CD4+CD25bright regulatory T cells actively regulate inflammation in the joints of patients with the remitting form of juvenile idiopathic arthritisIsmé M de Kleer
University Medical Center Utrecht, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatric Immunology and Immunology Advanced Center on Preclinical Immuno genomics Institute for Translational Medicine, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Immunol 172:6435-43. 2004..These data suggest that CD4(+)CD25(bright) Treg cells play a role in determining the patient's fate toward either a favorable or unfavorable clinical course of disease...
- CD4 CD25 regulatory T cells are not functionally impaired in adult patients with IgE-mediated cow's milk allergyMachteld M Tiemessen
J Allergy Clin Immunol 110:934-6. 2002
- Human CD4+ CD25hi Foxp3+ regulatory T cells are derived by rapid turnover of memory populations in vivoMilica Vukmanovic-Stejic
Department of Immunology and Molecular Pathology, Division of Infection and Immunity, Windeyer Institute of Medical Sciences, University College London, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 116:2423-33. 2006....