Affiliation: King's College London
- Global cancer surgery: delivering safe, affordable, and timely cancer surgeryRichard Sullivan
Institute of Cancer Policy, King s Health Partners Comprehensive Cancer Centre, London, UK King s Centre for Global Health, King s Health Partners and King s College London, London, UK Electronic address
Lancet Oncol 16:1193-224. 2015..Our key messages are directed at many global stakeholders, but the central message is that to deliver safe, affordable, and timely cancer surgery to all, surgery must be at the heart of global and national cancer control planning...
- "Nudge" in the clinical consultation--an acceptable form of medical paternalism?Ajay Aggarwal
Department of Research Oncology, King s Institute of Cancer Policy, Guys Hospital, 3rd Floor Bermondsey Wing, Great Maze Pond, London SE1 9RT, England
BMC Med Ethics 15:31. 2014..Clinicians may view their clinical consultations as far removed from the realms of cognitive psychology but on closer examination there are a number of striking similarities...
- Cancer research in India: national priorities, global resultsRichard Sullivan
King s College London, Institute of Cancer Policy, King s Health Partners Cancer Centre, London, UK Electronic address
Lancet Oncol 15:e213-22. 2014..We also discuss improvements that should be made to translate research into improvements in cancer outcomes and public health. ..
- New policies to address the global burden of childhood cancersRichard Sullivan
Institute of Cancer Policy, King s Health Partners Integrated Cancer Centre, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 14:e125-35. 2013..Finally, we present proposals to address the need for clinical trial innovation, the complex dichotomy of regulations, and the threats to the availability of data for childhood cancers...
- Avoiding the zero sum game in global cancer policy: beyond 2011 UN high level summitR Sullivan
King s College London, UK
Eur J Cancer 47:2375-80. 2011..This perspective seeks to critically examine the approach being taken, mapping pitfalls and presenting alternative solutions for an international cancer control policy...
- Delivering affordable cancer care in high-income countriesRichard Sullivan
Kings Health Partners, King s College, Integrated Cancer Centre, Guy s Hospital Campus, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 12:933-80. 2011..The cancer profession and industry should take responsibility and not accept a substandard evidence base and an ethos of very small benefit at whatever cost; rather, we need delivery of fair prices and real value from new technologies...
- An analysis of research activity in major UK cancer centresR Sullivan
King s College London and Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, United Kingdom
Eur J Cancer 47:536-44. 2011..We have also derived new measures of research impact on clinical management and the general public as well as the impact of national policy on research assessment for certain types of cancer research...
- Cancer and mental health--a clinical and research unmet needA Purushotham
King s College London and Institute of Cancer Policy, London, UK
Ann Oncol 24:2274-8. 2013..Poor mental health is the largest single source of disability in the UK, and co-morbid health problems, particularly with cancer, raise total health care costs significantly...
- Darwin, medicine and cancerA D Purushotham
King s College London, London, UK
Ann Oncol 21:199-203. 2010..Here, we consider the legacy of Darwin and the contribution of the other great evolutionists such as Ernst Mayr to cancer and medicine...
- The state of academic cancer surgery in the UKS Eckhouse
European Cancer Research Managers Foundation, London, United Kingdom
Mol Oncol 2:206-12. 2008....
- Age at diagnosis and distant metastasis in breast cancer--a surprising inverse relationshipA Purushotham
Division of Cancer Studies, King s College London, UK Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK Electronic address
Eur J Cancer 50:1697-705. 2014..Predictors for site of distant metastasis and impact on survival in breast cancer are incompletely understood...