Affiliation: King's College London
- Pediatric bipolar disorder versus severe mood dysregulation: risk for manic episodes on follow-upArgyris Stringaris
National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:397-405. 2010....
- The Affective Reactivity Index: a concise irritability scale for clinical and research settingsArgyris Stringaris
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Denmark Hill, London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 53:1109-17. 2012....
- Adolescent irritability: phenotypic associations and genetic links with depressed moodArgyris Stringaris
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and the Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London
Am J Psychiatry 169:47-54. 2012....
- Irritability in children and adolescents: a challenge for DSM-5Argyris Stringaris
King s College London Institute of Psychiatry, Box P085, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 20:61-6. 2011..Finally, I critically discuss the recently proposed putative DSM-5 category of temper dysregulation disorder with dysphoria and make suggestions about future research directions...
- Youth meeting symptom and impairment criteria for mania-like episodes lasting less than four days: an epidemiological enquiryArgyris Stringaris
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 51:31-8. 2010....
- Dimensions and latent classes of episodic mania-like symptoms in youth: an empirical enquiryArgyris Stringaris
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Box 85, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 8AF, UK
J Abnorm Child Psychol 39:925-37. 2011..Our results carry implications for the nosology and psychosocial impairment associated with episodic mood changes in young people...
- Three dimensions of oppositionality in youthArgyris Stringaris
King s College London Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 50:216-23. 2009....
- What's in a disruptive disorder? Temperamental antecedents of oppositional defiant disorder: findings from the Avon longitudinal studyArgyris Stringaris
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, King s College London Institute of Psychiatry, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:474-83. 2010..The reasons for these associations are unclear. Here we test the hypothesis that two distinct early temperamental precursors-emotionality and activity-underlie ODD and differentially predict its comorbidities...
- Adult outcomes of youth irritability: a 20-year prospective community-based studyArgyris Stringaris
Section on Bipolar Spectrum Disorders, Emotion and Development Branch, Mood and Anxiety Program, NIMH Bldg 15K, MSC 2670, Bethesda, MD 20892 2670, USA
Am J Psychiatry 166:1048-54. 2009..This study examines the extent to which youth irritability is related to adult psychiatric outcomes by testing the hypothesis that it predicts depressive and generalized anxiety disorders...
- A developmental study of the neural circuitry mediating motor inhibition in bipolar disorderJudah D Weathers
Section on Bipolar Spectrum Disorders, Emotion and Development Branch, NIMH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Psychiatry 169:633-41. 2012..The authors compared the neural circuitry mediating this process in bipolar youths relative to bipolar adults and in healthy volunteers...
- Longitudinal outcome of youth oppositionality: irritable, headstrong, and hurtful behaviors have distinctive predictionsArgyris Stringaris
Genetic Epidemiology Research Branch, Intramural Research Program, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 2670USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 48:404-12. 2009..We test the hypothesis that oppositionality encompasses an Irritable, a Headstrong, and a Hurtful dimension, each with distinct predictions...
- Mood regulation in youth: research findings and clinical approaches to irritability and short-lived episodes of mania-like symptomsEleanor Leigh
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Mood Disorder Clinic, Michael Rutter Centre for Children and Young People, Maudsley Hospital, London, UK
Curr Opin Psychiatry 25:271-6. 2012..Here, we review the most recent findings about these two presentations and discuss the approaches to their treatment...
- Depression in childhood and adolescenceBarbara Maughan
MRC Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, King s College London Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
J Can Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 22:35-40. 2013..To review recent evidence on child and adolescent depression...