Affiliation: King's College London
- Pediatric bipolar disorder versus severe mood dysregulation: risk for manic episodes on follow-upArgyris Stringaris
National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:397-405. 2010....
- Mood dysregulationNina Mikita
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, Box P085, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 22:S11-6. 2013..The diagnostic status of brief duration hypomania is less clear, with some evidence in support of its clinical relevance to BP. We end with recommendations for future research to inform classification and treatment...
- The value of measuring impact alongside symptoms in children and adolescents: a longitudinal assessment in a community sampleArgyris Stringaris
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, PO 85, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 8AF, UK
J Abnorm Child Psychol 41:1109-20. 2013..More studies are needed to understand inter-individual variation in the impact caused by equivalent symptoms. ..
- Irritable mood as a symptom of depression in youth: prevalence, developmental, and clinical correlates in the great smoky mountains studyArgyris Stringaris
Institute of Psychiatry at King s College London, UK
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 52:831-40. 2013..This article examines the prevalence, developmental characteristics, associations with psychopathology, and longitudinal stability of irritable mood in childhood and adolescent depression...
- The Affective Reactivity Index: a concise irritability scale for clinical and research settingsArgyris Stringaris
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Denmark Hill, London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 53:1109-17. 2012....
- Adolescent irritability: phenotypic associations and genetic links with depressed moodArgyris Stringaris
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and the Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London
Am J Psychiatry 169:47-54. 2012....
- Youth meeting symptom and impairment criteria for mania-like episodes lasting less than four days: an epidemiological enquiryArgyris Stringaris
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 51:31-8. 2010....
- Irritability in children and adolescents: a challenge for DSM-5Argyris Stringaris
King s College London Institute of Psychiatry, Box P085, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 20:61-6. 2011..Finally, I critically discuss the recently proposed putative DSM-5 category of temper dysregulation disorder with dysphoria and make suggestions about future research directions...
- Dimensions and latent classes of episodic mania-like symptoms in youth: an empirical enquiryArgyris Stringaris
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Box 85, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 8AF, UK
J Abnorm Child Psychol 39:925-37. 2011..Our results carry implications for the nosology and psychosocial impairment associated with episodic mood changes in young people...
- Three dimensions of oppositionality in youthArgyris Stringaris
King s College London Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 50:216-23. 2009....
- What's in a disruptive disorder? Temperamental antecedents of oppositional defiant disorder: findings from the Avon longitudinal studyArgyris Stringaris
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, King s College London Institute of Psychiatry, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:474-83. 2010..The reasons for these associations are unclear. Here we test the hypothesis that two distinct early temperamental precursors-emotionality and activity-underlie ODD and differentially predict its comorbidities...
- Adult outcomes of youth irritability: a 20-year prospective community-based studyArgyris Stringaris
Section on Bipolar Spectrum Disorders, Emotion and Development Branch, Mood and Anxiety Program, NIMH Bldg 15K, MSC 2670, Bethesda, MD 20892 2670, USA
Am J Psychiatry 166:1048-54. 2009..This study examines the extent to which youth irritability is related to adult psychiatric outcomes by testing the hypothesis that it predicts depressive and generalized anxiety disorders...
- A developmental study of the neural circuitry mediating motor inhibition in bipolar disorderJudah D Weathers
Section on Bipolar Spectrum Disorders, Emotion and Development Branch, NIMH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Psychiatry 169:633-41. 2012..The authors compared the neural circuitry mediating this process in bipolar youths relative to bipolar adults and in healthy volunteers...
- Longitudinal outcome of youth oppositionality: irritable, headstrong, and hurtful behaviors have distinctive predictionsArgyris Stringaris
Genetic Epidemiology Research Branch, Intramural Research Program, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 2670USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 48:404-12. 2009..We test the hypothesis that oppositionality encompasses an Irritable, a Headstrong, and a Hurtful dimension, each with distinct predictions...
- Mood regulation in youth: research findings and clinical approaches to irritability and short-lived episodes of mania-like symptomsEleanor Leigh
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Mood Disorder Clinic, Michael Rutter Centre for Children and Young People, Maudsley Hospital, London, UK
Curr Opin Psychiatry 25:271-6. 2012..Here, we review the most recent findings about these two presentations and discuss the approaches to their treatment...
- Depression in childhood and adolescenceBarbara Maughan
MRC Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, King s College London Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
J Can Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 22:35-40. 2013..To review recent evidence on child and adolescent depression...