Simon C Pitchford
Affiliation: King's College London
- VEGFR1 stimulates a CXCR4-dependent translocation of megakaryocytes to the vascular niche, enhancing platelet production in miceSimon C Pitchford
Leukocyte Biology Section, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London, UK
Blood 120:2787-95. 2012....
- Troubleshooting: Quantification of mobilization of progenitor cell subsets from bone marrow in vivoSimon C Pitchford
Sackler Institute of Pulmonary Pharmacology, Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, King s College London, SE1 9NH, UK
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 61:113-21. 2010....
- Platelets are necessary for airway wall remodeling in a murine model of chronic allergic inflammationSimon C Pitchford
Sackler Institute of Pulmonary Pharmacology, 5th Fl, Hodgkin Bldg, Guy s Campus, King s College London, London SE1 1UL, United Kingdom
Blood 103:639-47. 2004..Neither platelet depletion nor dexamethasone administration inhibited chronic AHR; thus, mechanisms other than inflammation and airway remodeling may be involved in the pathogenesis of chronic AHR...
- Differential mobilization of subsets of progenitor cells from the bone marrowSimon C Pitchford
Leukocyte Biology Section, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Cell Stem Cell 4:62-72. 2009..These findings may inform studies investigating mechanisms that regulate progenitor cell recruitment in disease and can be exploited to provide efficacious stem cell therapy for tissue regeneration...
- CXCR2 mediates the recruitment of endothelial progenitor cells during allergic airways remodelingCarla P Jones
Leukocyte Biology Section, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
Stem Cells 27:3074-81. 2009..The data presented here provide in vivo evidence that CXCR2 is critical for both EPC recruitment and the angiogenic response in this model of allergic inflammation of the airways...
- Circulating platelet-neutrophil complexes are important for subsequent neutrophil activation and migrationKristin N Kornerup
Sackler Institute of Pulmonary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, King s College, London, UK
J Appl Physiol 109:758-67. 2010..Targeting this interaction may be a successful strategy for inflammatory conditions where current therapy fails to provide adequate treatment...
- The coordinated action of G-CSF and ELR + CXC chemokines in neutrophil mobilization during acute inflammationAntje M Wengner
Leukocyte Biology Section, National Heart and Lung Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
Blood 111:42-9. 2008..8 x 10(6) and 5.4 x 10(6) neutrophils, respectively, while the infusion of KC and G-CSF together mobilized 19.5 x 10(6) neutrophils, indicating that these factors act cooperatively with respect to neutrophil mobilization...
- Combinatorial stem cell mobilization in animal modelsSimon C Pitchford
Leukocyte Biology Section, Faculty of Medicine National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London, UK
Methods Mol Biol 904:139-54. 2012..Identification of such novel pharmacological regimens that stimulate the selective mobilization of EPCs and MSCs might be exploited in the future for tissue regeneration...
- Real-time measurement of non-lethal platelet thromboembolic responses in the anaesthetized mouseCharalambos Tymvios
Sir Alexander Fleming Building, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Exhibition Road, London, UK
Thromb Haemost 99:435-40. 2008....
- Platelets are essential for leukocyte recruitment in allergic inflammationSimon C Pitchford
Sackler Institute of Pulmonary Pharmacology, GKT School of Biomedical Sciences, King's College London, London
J Allergy Clin Immunol 112:109-18. 2003..CONCLUSION: These results suggest that platelet participation in cell recruitment occurs at the level of the circulation and might involve the priming of leukocytes for subsequent adhesion and transmigration into tissues...