Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: King's College London
- Barallobre Barreiro J, Lynch M, Yin X, Mayr M. Systems biology-opportunities and challenges: the application of proteomics to study the cardiovascular extracellular matrix. Cardiovasc Res. 2016;112:626-636 pubmed
- Barwari T, Joshi A, Mayr M. MicroRNAs in Cardiovascular Disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016;68:2577-2584 pubmed publisher..The development of more targeted interventions will bolster well-informed clinical applications, increasing the chances of success and minimizing the risk of setbacks for miRNA-based therapeutics. ..
- Sunderland N, Skroblin P, Barwari T, Huntley R, Lu R, Joshi A, et al. MicroRNA Biomarkers and Platelet Reactivity: The Clot Thickens. Circ Res. 2017;120:418-435 pubmed publisher..We provide recommendations for future miRNA biomarker studies, emphasizing the need for accurate interpretation within a biological and methodological context. ..
- Gomes R, Skroblin P, Munster A, Tomlins H, Langley S, Zampetaki A, et al. "Young at heart": Regenerative potential linked to immature cardiac phenotypes. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2016;92:105-8 pubmed publisher..The immature myofilament composition of the fish heart may explain why adult mouse and human cardiomyocytes lack this endogenous repair mechanism. ..
- Hinterwirth H, Stegemann C, Mayr M. Lipidomics: quest for molecular lipid biomarkers in cardiovascular disease. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2014;7:941-54 pubmed publisher..An in-depth knowledge about the molecular lipid species that contribute to the pathophysiology of cardiovascular diseases may provide better biomarkers and novel therapeutic targets for cardiovascular disease. ..
- Barallobre Barreiro J, Baig F, Fava M, Yin X, Mayr M. Glycoproteomics of the Extracellular Matrix: A Method for Intact Glycopeptide Analysis Using Mass Spectrometry. J Vis Exp. 2017;: pubmed publisher..In the present paper, we describe a method to prepare the ECM from tissue samples. The method not only allows for protein profiling but also the assessment and characterization of glycosylation by MS analysis. ..
- Suna G, Wojakowski W, Lynch M, Barallobre Barreiro J, Yin X, Mayr U, et al. Extracellular Matrix Proteomics Reveals Interplay of Aggrecan and Aggrecanases in Vascular Remodeling of Stented Coronary Arteries. Circulation. 2018;137:166-183 pubmed publisher..The accumulation of aggrecan coincided with a shift in ADAMTS gene expression. This study provides the first evidence implicating aggrecan and aggrecanases in the vascular injury response after stenting. ..
- Mayr M, Liem D, Zhang J, Li X, Avliyakulov N, Yang J, et al. Proteomic and metabolomic analysis of cardioprotection: Interplay between protein kinase C epsilon and delta in regulating glucose metabolism of murine hearts. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009;46:268-77 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings are the first evidence that PKCvarepsilon activity modulates cardiac glucose metabolism and provide a possible explanation for the synergistic effect of PKCdelta and PKCvarepsilon in cardioprotection. ..
- Kaudewitz D, Lee R, Willeit P, McGregor R, Markus H, Kiechl S, et al. Impact of intravenous heparin on quantification of circulating microRNAs in patients with coronary artery disease. Thromb Haemost. 2013;110:609-15 pubmed publisher..This has to be taken into account when designing studies to investigate the relation of circulating microRNAs to acute cardiovascular events or coronary intervention. ..
- Zervou S, Yin X, Nabeebaccus A, O Brien B, Cross R, McAndrew D, et al. Proteomic and metabolomic changes driven by elevating myocardial creatine suggest novel metabolic feedback mechanisms. Amino Acids. 2016;48:1969-81 pubmed publisher..0002). These findings suggest wide-ranging and hitherto unexpected adaptations in substrate utilisation and energy metabolism with a general pattern of impaired energy generating pathways in mice with very high creatine levels. ..