J H MacCabe
Affiliation: King's College London
- Scholastic achievement at age 16 and risk of schizophrenia and other psychoses: a national cohort studyJ H MacCabe
Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Psychol Med 38:1133-40. 2008..We investigated whether school performance at age 16 is associated with risk of adult schizophrenia and other psychoses in a large national cohort, while controlling for multiple confounders...
- Lifetime reproductive output over two generations in patients with psychosis and their unaffected siblings: the Uppsala 1915-1929 Birth Cohort Multigenerational StudyJ H MacCabe
Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Psychol Med 39:1667-76. 2009..This study measured biological fitness over two generations in patients with schizophrenia or affective psychosis, and their unaffected siblings...
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of the fertility of patients with schizophrenia and their unaffected relativesH Bundy
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Acta Psychiatr Scand 123:98-106. 2011..Secondary aims were to quantify the magnitude of the fertility disadvantage and the apparent gender difference in fertility of patients with schizophrenia...
- Gender difference in age at onset of schizophrenia: a meta-analysisS V Eranti
Newham Early Intervention Service, East London Foundation Trust, Stratford Office Village, London, UK
Psychol Med 43:155-67. 2013..The aim of the study was to investigate gender differences in age of onset, and the impact of study design and setting on estimates thereof...
- Do schizophrenic patients who managed to get to university have a non-developmental form of illness?J H MacCabe
Division of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, London
Psychol Med 32:535-44. 2002..We hypothesized that the aetiology and form of schizophrenia may differ in such patients. We therefore studied a group of schizophrenic patients who were functioning well enough to enter university prior to illness onset...
- Intellectual functioning in schizophrenia: a marker of neurodevelopmental damage?J H MacCabe
Division of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
J Intellect Disabil Res 48:519-23. 2004
- Is there an association between the COMT gene and P300 endophenotypes?E Bramon
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, UK
Eur Psychiatry 21:70-3. 2006..However, the available neurophysiologic evidence suggests that any such association, if present, must be very subtle...