N S Lawrence
Affiliation: King's College London
- Decision making and set shifting impairments are associated with distinct symptom dimensions in obsessive-compulsive disorderNatalia S Lawrence
Section of Neuroscience and Emotion, Division of Psychological Medicine and Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, England
Neuropsychology 20:409-19. 2006..These results help explain previous inconsistent findings in neuropsychological research in OCD and support recent neuroimaging data showing dissociable neural mechanisms involved in mediating the different OCD symptom dimensions...
- GABA transmission in the ventral pallidum is not involved in the control of latent inhibition in the ratN S Lawrence
Department of Psychology, Institute of Psychiatry, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Neuroscience 122:267-75. 2003..The implications of this finding for theories of the neural circuitry mediating latent inhibition and for understanding the functional role of ventral pallidal GABA transmission are discussed...
- Neural responses to facial expressions of disgust but not fear are modulated by washing symptoms in OCDNatalia S Lawrence
Division of Psychological Medicine, Section of Neuroscience and Emotion, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 61:1072-80. 2007..This study explored neural systems underlying sensitivity to symptom-unrelated disgust and fear in OCD using functional neuroimaging...
- Orbitofrontal cortex response to angry faces in men with histories of suicide attemptsFabrice Jollant
Universite Montpellier I, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U 888, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Montpellier, France
Am J Psychiatry 165:740-8. 2008..The authors sought to elucidate the functional neural basis of the neurobiological abnormalities underlying the vulnerability to suicidal behavior...
- Sex differences in neural responses to disgusting visual stimuli: implications for disgust-related psychiatric disordersXavier Caseras
Department of Psychological Medicine, King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 62:464-71. 2007..The aim of this functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) study was to examine possible sex differences in neural responses to disgust-inducing stimuli that might help explain this female predominance...
- Cognitive mechanisms of nicotine on visual attentionNatalia S Lawrence
Department of Psychiatry, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Neuron 36:539-48. 2002..These data suggest that nicotine improves attention in smokers by enhancing activation in areas traditionally associated with visual attention, arousal, and motor activation...
- Stroop performance in bipolar disorder: further evidence for abnormalities in the ventral prefrontal cortexDina M Kronhaus
Institute for Adaptive and Neural Computation, School of Informatics, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Bipolar Disord 8:28-39. 2006..We aimed to examine the relationship between functional abnormalities, impaired task performance and the severity of depressive symptoms in bipolar patients...
- Subcortical and ventral prefrontal cortical neural responses to facial expressions distinguish patients with bipolar disorder and major depressionNatalia S Lawrence
Section of Neuroscience and Emotion, Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 55:578-87. 2004..We compared responses within subcortical and prefrontal cortical regions to emotionally salient material in patients with BP and MDD using functional magnetic resonance imaging...
- Multiple neuronal networks mediate sustained attentionNatalia S Lawrence
Medical College of Wisconsin, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 15:1028-38. 2003....
- Individual differences in disgust sensitivity modulate neural responses to aversive/disgusting stimuliDavid Mataix-Cols
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
Eur J Neurosci 27:3050-8. 2008..The results have implications for disgust-related psychiatric disorders...