Emma J Lawrence
Affiliation: King's College London
- The role of 'shared representations' in social perception and empathy: an fMRI studyE J Lawrence
Section of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, PO Box 68, Institute of Psychiatry and GKT School of Medicine, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Neuroimage 29:1173-84. 2006..Activity in the rostral anterior cingulate was associated with self-reports of personal distress and increased blood flow to the anterior cingulate (BA24) and inferior parietal cortex (BA40) was related to self-other overlap...
- The neural basis of response inhibition and attention allocation as mediated by gestational ageEmma J Lawrence
Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, United Kingdom
Hum Brain Mapp 30:1038-50. 2009....
- Empathy and enduring depersonalization: the role of self-related processesEmma J Lawrence
Section of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Soc Neurosci 2:292-306. 2007..These findings suggest affective empathy to be reliant on intact emotional experience in the observer. In addition, excessive self-focus may be detrimental to an empathic response...
- The very preterm brain in young adulthood: the neural correlates of verbal paired associate learningEmma J Lawrence
Department of Psychiatry, Biomedical Research Centre for Mental Health, Institute of Psychiatry and King s College London, London, UK
J Pediatr 156:889-95. 2010..To determine whether preterm birth influences functional neuronal development in adulthood...
- The impact of early and late damage to the human amygdala on 'theory of mind' reasoningP Shaw
Section of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, Department of Psychological Medicine, Centre for Neuroscience Research, King s College, London, UK
Brain 127:1535-48. 2004..We conclude that the amygdala may play an important role in the neural systems supporting the normal development of ToM reasoning...
- Differential effects of lesions of the amygdala and prefrontal cortex on recognizing facial expressions of complex emotionsP Shaw
Institute of Psychiatry, London
J Cogn Neurosci 17:1410-9. 2005..The results also suggest that the amygdala has a role in processing a wide range of emotional expressions...
- The corpus callosum and empathy in adults with a history of preterm birthE J Lawrence
Department of Psychosis Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, United Kingdom
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 16:716-20. 2010..We conclude that VPT adults have a smaller posterior CC, which is associated with gestational age, and elevated social distress, which may be mediated by anterior CC size...
- Measuring empathy: reliability and validity of the Empathy QuotientE J Lawrence
Section of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, DeCrespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Psychol Med 34:911-9. 2004..The Empathy Quotient (EQ) is a self-report scale designed to do just that. This series of four studies examined the reliability and validity of the EQ and determined its factor structure...