Kristin R Laurens
Affiliation: King's College London
- Psychotic-like experiences in a community sample of 8000 children aged 9 to 11 years: an item response theory analysisK R Laurens
Research Unit for Schizophrenia Epidemiology, School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Psychol Med 42:1495-506. 2012..Nevertheless, these experiences confer increased risk for later psychotic disorder, and are associated with poorer health and quality of life...
- Error-related processing dysfunction in children aged 9 to 12 years presenting putative antecedents of schizophreniaKristin R Laurens
Department of Forensic Mental Health Science, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London SE5 8AF, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 67:238-45. 2010..This study examined whether ASz children display brain function abnormalities during error processing that are similar to those exhibited by adults with schizophrenia...
- Amygdala hypoactivity to fearful faces in boys with conduct problems and callous-unemotional traitsAlice P Jones
Medical Research Council s Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Department of Forensic Mental Health, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Am J Psychiatry 166:95-102. 2009..Using functional MRI, the authors evaluated differences in neural response to emotional stimuli between boys with conduct problems and elevated levels of callous-unemotional traits and comparison boys...
- Neurocognitive performance in children aged 9-12 years who present putative antecedents of schizophreniaAlexis E Cullen
King s College London, Department of Forensic and Neurodevelopmental Sciences Box P023, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, United Kingdom
Schizophr Res 121:15-23. 2010..The present study aimed to determine whether ASz children also present neurocognitive deficits that are commonly observed in patients with schizophrenia...
- Persisting psychotic-like experiences are associated with both externalising and internalising psychopathology in a longitudinal general population child cohortJohnny M Downs
Department of Forensic and Neurodevelopmental Sciences, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Schizophr Res 144:99-104. 2013..This prospective study investigated the extent to which PLE persistence was associated with internalising and externalising psychopathology in a community sample of children aged 9-11years at study commencement...
- Systematic meta-analysis of insula volume in schizophreniaAlana M Shepherd
University of New South Wales Research Unit for Schizophrenia Epidemiology, School of Psychiatry, Sydney, Australia
Biol Psychiatry 72:775-84. 2012..We provide the first meta-analysis of studies that conducted region-of-interest analyses of the magnitude of effect and pattern of insula volume reduction in schizophrenia compared with healthy control subjects...
- Community screening for psychotic-like experiences and other putative antecedents of schizophrenia in children aged 9-12 yearsKristin R Laurens
Department of Forensic Mental Health Science, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, Box P023, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, UK
Schizophr Res 90:130-46. 2007..The results suggest that questionnaire screening of community samples of children for the putative antecedents of schizophrenia spectrum disorders is feasible. Accuracy of identification will only be established by follow-up studies...
- Systematic meta-analysis of childhood social withdrawal in schizophrenia, and comparison with data from at-risk children aged 9-14 yearsSandra L Matheson
Schizophrenia Research Institute, Level 7, 45 Liverpool Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Sydney, Australia
J Psychiatr Res 47:1061-8. 2013..442, p = 0.051). Childhood social withdrawal may constitute a vulnerability marker for schizophrenia in the presence of other antecedents and/or genetic risk factors for schizophrenia...
- Size matters: increased grey matter in boys with conduct problems and callous-unemotional traitsStephane A De Brito
Department of Forensic Mental Health Science, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College, London, UK
Brain 132:843-52. 2009..These findings may indicate a delay in cortical maturation in several brain areas implicated in decision making, morality and empathy in boys with callous-unemotional conduct problems...
- Systematic meta-review and quality assessment of the structural brain alterations in schizophreniaAlana M Shepherd
University of New South Wales Research Unit for Schizophrenia Epidemiology, O Brien Centre at St Vincent s Hospital, 394 404 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, Sydney, NSW 2010, Australia
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 36:1342-56. 2012..This meta-review synthesises the available information from systematic reviews of structural alteration in both chronic and first-episode schizophrenia...