Affiliation: King's College London
- A genetic analysis of weight and overweight in 4-year-old twin pairsG Koeppen-Schomerus
Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Research Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, 113 Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:838-44. 2001..We tested the hypothesis that, in early childhood, overweight is as heritable as weight and that weight and overweight are linked genetically...
- Genes and environment in asthma: a study of 4 year old twinsG Koeppen-Schomerus
Centre for Research into Social Developmental and Genetic Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College, 113 Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Arch Dis Child 85:398-400. 2001..Although the genetic and environmental factors of asthma have been investigated in adolescence and adulthood, no previous studies have focused on the early development of asthma...
- Twins and non-twin siblings: different estimates of shared environmental influence in early childhoodGesina Koeppen-Schomerus
Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Research Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, PO80, London SE5 8AF, United Kingdom
Twin Res 6:97-105. 2003..Although many possibilities exist for explaining the special shared environment effect for twins, we suggest that cognitive-relevant experiences that are not shared by siblings are shared by twins because they are exactly the same age...
- The structure of language abilities at 4 years: a twin studyEssi Colledge
Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Research Center, Institute of Psychiatry, London, England
Dev Psychol 38:749-57. 2002....
- Heritability of symptom domains in otitis media: a longitudinal study of 1,373 twin pairsMaroeska Rovers
MRC Institute of Hearing Research, University Park, Nottingham, England
Am J Epidemiol 155:958-64. 2002..72 heritability and 0.10 shared environment). The strong genetic component, which this study confirms, is not unitary but distributes differently across the phenotypic aspects of otitis media and probably across pathogenetic stage...
- Yoruba customs and beliefs pertaining to twinsFernand Leroy
Twin Res 5:132-6. 2002..Basic features of the original Yoruba beliefs have found their way into the religious traditions of descendants of African slaves imported in the West Indies and in South America...