Matthew J Kempton
Affiliation: King's College London
- Structural neuroimaging studies in major depressive disorder. Meta-analysis and comparison with bipolar disorderMatthew J Kempton
Department of Neuroimaging, PO89, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, England
Arch Gen Psychiatry 68:675-90. 2011..Although differences in clinical characteristics exist between major depressive disorder (MDD) and bipolar disorder (BD), consistent structural brain abnormalities that distinguish the disorders have not been identified...
- A comprehensive testing protocol for MRI neuroanatomical segmentation techniques: Evaluation of a novel lateral ventricle segmentation methodMatthew J Kempton
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Neuroimaging, UK
Neuroimage 58:1051-9. 2011..We also demonstrate that the novel segmentation algorithm and FreeSurfer are both effective in determining lateral ventricular volume and are well suited for multicentre and longitudinal MRI studies...
- Dehydration affects brain structure and function in healthy adolescentsMatthew J Kempton
Centre for Neuroimaging Sciences, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, SE5 8AF, United Kingdom
Hum Brain Mapp 32:71-9. 2011..Given the limited availability of brain metabolic resources, these findings suggest that prolonged states of reduced water intake may adversely impact executive functions such as planning and visuo-spatial processing...
- Effects of acute dehydration on brain morphology in healthy humansMatthew J Kempton
Centre for Neuroimaging Sciences, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Hum Brain Mapp 30:291-8. 2009....
- The effects of gender and COMT Val158Met polymorphism on fearful facial affect recognition: a fMRI studyMatthew J Kempton
Section of Neurobiology of Psychosis, Institute of Psychiatry and NIHR Biomedical Research Centre for Mental Health, King s College London, UK
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 12:371-81. 2009..The COMT Val108/158Met polymorphism impacts on gender-related patterns of activation in limbic and paralimbic regions but the functional significance of any oestrogen-related COMT inhibition appears modest...
- Molecular genetic gene-environment studies using candidate genes in schizophrenia: a systematic reviewGemma Modinos
Department of Psychosis Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, United Kingdom Electronic address
Schizophr Res 150:356-65. 2013..Finally, we discuss the potential of future prospects, such as new studies that combine hypothesis-based molecular genetic candidate approaches with agnostic genome-wide association studies in determining schizophrenia risk. ..
- Dissociable brain structural changes associated with predisposition, resilience, and disease expression in bipolar disorderMatthew J Kempton
Section of Neurobiology of Psychosis, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London SE5 8AF, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 29:10863-8. 2009....
- Progressive lateral ventricular enlargement in schizophrenia: a meta-analysis of longitudinal MRI studiesMatthew J Kempton
Centre for Neuroimaging Sciences, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Schizophr Res 120:54-62. 2010..To clarify this we conducted a meta-analysis of longitudinal studies measuring the lateral ventricles in patients with schizophrenia and a control group...
- Meta-analysis, database, and meta-regression of 98 structural imaging studies in bipolar disorderMatthew J Kempton
Centre for Neuroimaging Sciences, Institute of Psychiatry, DeCrespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, England
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:1017-32. 2008..Despite 25 years of structural imaging in bipolar disorder, brain regions affected in the disorder are ill defined...
- A voxel-based morphometry comparison of the 3.0T ADNI-1 and ADNI-2 volumetric MRI protocolsSimon Brunton
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Neuroimaging Sciences, London, UK NIHR Specialist Biomedical Research Centre for Mental Health at the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust and King s College, London, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 30:531-8. 2015..The aim of the current study was to investigate the compatibility of the 3.0T ADNI-1 and ADNI-2 T1-weighted volumes using voxel-based morphometry (VBM)...
- Efficacy and safety of second-generation long-acting injections in schizophrenia: a meta-analysis of randomized-controlled trialsPaolo Fusar-Poli
Department of Psychosis Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 28:57-66. 2013..These data suggest that SGLAI lack an advantage in reducing psychotic symptoms over oral medications. Their potential effects on relapse prevention should be better addressed by future randomized-controlled trials...
- Hippocampal hypertrophy and sleep apnea: a role for the ischemic preconditioning?Ivana Rosenzweig
Department of Neuroimaging, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College, London, United Kingdom Danish Epilepsy Centre, Dianalund, Denmark
PLoS ONE 8:e83173. 2013..The role for the ischemia/hypoxia preconditioning in the neuropathology of OSA is herein indicated, with possible further reaching clinical implications. ..
- Predicting psychosis: meta-analysis of transition outcomes in individuals at high clinical riskPaolo Fusar-Poli
Department of Psychosis Studies, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Arch Gen Psychiatry 69:220-9. 2012..However, the risk of transition to psychosis varies between centers, and some recent work suggests that the risk of transition may be declining...