Affiliation: King's College London
- Positioning of stroke patients: evaluation of a teaching intervention with nursesA Jones
Department of Nursing Studies, King s College, London, UK
Stroke 29:1612-7. 1998..We examined nurses' knowledge of and practice in positioning stroke patients before and after a formal teaching intervention...
- Developing and examining an Objective Structured Clinical ExaminationAnne Jones
Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, Kings College London, London SE1 8WA, United Kingdom
Nurse Educ Today 30:137-41. 2010..Recommendations in relation to transparency are made to optimise student understanding of what they are being tested on and hence their performance in the examination...
- Effect of recommended positioning on stroke outcome at six months: a randomized controlled trialA Jones
Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, King s College London, James Clerk Maxwell Building, 57 Waterloo Road, London SE1 8WA, UK
Clin Rehabil 19:138-45. 2005..To evaluate the effect on patient outcome of a teaching package for nurses designed to improve the positioning of stroke patients...
- Atrioventricular and ventriculoarterial discordance (congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries): echocardiographic features, associations, and outcome in 34 fetusesG Sharland
Guy s and St Thomas Foundation Trust, London, UK
Heart 91:1453-8. 2005..To identify fetal echocardiographic features, associations, and outcome of atrioventricular and ventriculoarterial discordance...
- An unusual presentation of meconium peritonitisA J Agboola
Singleton Hospital, Swansea, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 24:90-1. 2004
- Prenatally diagnosed pulmonary atresia with ventricular septal defect: echocardiography, genetics, associated anomalies and outcomeS Vesel
University Medical Centre, Department of Paediatrics, Cardiology Unit, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Heart 92:1501-5. 2006..To assess the accuracy of prenatal diagnosis, the association with genetic and extracardiac anomalies, and outcome in fetuses with isolated pulmonary atresia with ventricular septal defect (PA-VSD)...
- Fetal dextrocardia: diagnosis and outcome in two tertiary centresA Bernasconi
Fetal Cardiology Unit, Hopital Robert Debre, Paris, France
Heart 91:1590-4. 2005..To evaluate the incidence of fetal dextrocardia, associated cardiac and extracardiac malformations, and outcome...
- A randomised, double-blind, double-dummy comparison of the efficacy and tolerability of lercanidipine tablets and losartan tablets in patients with mild to moderate essential hypertensionI G V James
Spring House Surgery, Bolton, Lancashire, UK
J Hum Hypertens 16:605-10. 2002..In conclusion, the antihypertensive effects of lercanidipine tablets were comparable with those of losartan tablets; both treatments gave a high response rate for an antihypertensive monotherapy and were very well tolerated...
- Use of videotape to assess mobility in a controlled randomized crossover trial of physiotherapy in chronic multiple sclerosisC M Wiles
Department of Medicine Neurology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Clin Rehabil 17:256-63. 2003....
- Safe access/egress systems for emergency ambulancesA Jones
Healthcare Ergonomics and Patient Safety research Unit, Department of Human Sciences, Loughborough University, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 3TU, UK
Emerg Med J 24:200-5. 2007..To comparatively evaluate the three most widely used ambulance stretcher loading systems; easi-loader, ramp/winch and tail lift to identify a preferred system based on safety and usability evidence...
- Adalimumab, etanercept and infliximab for the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis: a systematic review and economic evaluationC McLeod
Liverpool Reviews and Implementation Group, UK
Health Technol Assess 11:1-158, iii-iv. 2007..To assess the comparative clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of adalimumab, etanercept and infliximab for the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis (AS)...
- Palliative care in stroke: a critical review of the literatureT Stevens
Lancaster University, Lancashire, UK
Palliat Med 21:323-31. 2007..Further data on how the input of palliative care experts and expertise could be of benefit to patients, and the most effective ways these inputs could be targeted and delivered is required...
- Sjögren's Systemic Clinical Activity Index (SCAI)--a systemic disease activity measure for use in clinical trials in primary Sjögren's syndromeS J Bowman
Rheumatology Department, University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, Selly Oak, Birmingham B29 6JD, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:1845-51. 2007..This article describes the development of the Sjögren's Systemic Clinical Activity Index (SCAI) for the measurement of systemic disease activity in patients with primary Sjögren's syndrome (PSS)...
- Termination of pregnancy in South TynesideU Esen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust, Harton Lane, South Shields, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 26:791-4. 2006..The adoption of agreed referral requirements and pathways would help in the delivery of a high quality service as advocated by the guideline...