Affiliation: King's College London
- District nurses' involvement and attitudes to mental health problems: a three-area cross-sectional studyMark Haddad
MRC Clinical Research Fellow, Specialist Practitioner, Health Services Research Department, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
J Clin Nurs 14:976-85. 2005..The main aims of this study were to obtain information on the extent of staff contact and input with mental health problems and to determine their experience, training and attitudes to such problems...
- District nursing staff and depression: a psychometric evaluation of Depression Attitude Questionnaire findingsMark Haddad
Section of Psychiatric Nursing, King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 44:447-56. 2007..In part this may be due to stigmatising views of mental illness, which negatively influence help-seeking and user experiences. Likewise providers' attitudes are likely to play a significant part in the management of such problems...
- A pilot randomised controlled trial of personalised care for depressed patients with symptomatic coronary heart disease in South London general practices: the UPBEAT-UK RCT protocol and recruitmentAndre Tylee
Health Services and Population Research Dept, Institute of Psychiatry at King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, UK
BMC Psychiatry 12:58. 2012....
- The UPBEAT depression and coronary heart disease programme: using the UK Medical Research Council framework to design a nurse-led complex intervention for use in primary careElizabeth A Barley
Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, King s College London, James Clerk Maxwell Building, 57 Waterloo Road, London, SE1 8WA, UK
BMC Fam Pract 13:119. 2012..The UPBEAT-UK programme of research has been funded by the NHS National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) to explore the relationship between CHD and depression and to develop a new intervention for use in primary care...
- Mental health nursing and physical health care: a cross-sectional study of nurses' attitudes, practice, and perceived training needs for the physical health care of people with severe mental illnessDebbie Robson
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Int J Ment Health Nurs 22:409-17. 2013..However, there are areas where nurses in our sample were more ambivalent such as cancer screening and smoking cessation. ..
- Depression in adults with long term conditions 1: how to identify and assess symptomsMark Haddad
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London
Nurs Times 105:14-7. 2009..It discusses the prevalence and causes of depression in this group, how to identify and assess the condition, and initial management options for those with subthreshold/mild to moderate symptoms...
- Managing complex problems: treatment for common mental disorders in the UKAndre Tylee
Department of Population and Health Service Research, King s College, London, UK
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 16:302-8. 2007..This paper aims to describe current trends in the UK primary care management of common mental disorders and explore the appropriateness of differing management approaches in light of the course and common complications of these disorders...
- Caring for patients with long-term conditions and depressionMark Haddad
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry
Nurs Stand 24:40-9; quiz 50. 2010..Nurses need to be familiar with appropriate case-finding tools, and to have knowledge of and access to evidence-based treatments ranging from guided self-help and exercise, to problem-solving, antidepressant and cognitive therapies...
- The UPBEAT nurse-delivered personalized care intervention for people with coronary heart disease who report current chest pain and depression: a randomised controlled pilot studyElizabeth A Barley
Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, James Clerk Maxwell Building, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 9:e98704. 2014....
- School nurses' involvement, attitudes and training needs for mental health work: a UK-wide cross-sectional studyMark Haddad
Health Service and Population Research Department, Institute of Psychiatry at King s College London, UK
J Adv Nurs 66:2471-80. 2010..The aim of this study was to identify school nurses' views concerning the mental health aspects of their role, training requirements and attitudes towards depression in young people...
- Up-beat UK: a programme of research into the relationship between coronary heart disease and depression in primary care patientsAndre Tylee
Health Services and Population Research Dept, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
BMC Fam Pract 12:38. 2011..We aim to explore the relationship between coronary heart disease and depression in a primary care population and to develop an intervention for patients with coronary heart disease and depression...
- The development and psychometric properties of a measure of clinicians' attitudes to depression: the revised Depression Attitude Questionnaire (R-DAQ)Mark Haddad
Centre for Mental Health Research, School of Health Sciences, City University London, Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB, UK
BMC Psychiatry 15:7. 2015....
- Depression in adults with long term conditions 2: antidepressant and psychological treatmentsMark Haddad
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London
Nurs Times 105:20-3. 2009..Part 1 discussed the prevalence and causes of depression in this group, identification and assessment, and also outlined initial treatment for mild illness...
- Smoking cessation and serious mental illness: a service evaluation of a drop-in stop smoking clinic on an acute in-patient unitDebbie Robson
Section of Mental Health Nursing, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
J Clin Nurs 22:405-13. 2013..To evaluate the effect of a stop smoking clinic on the quit rates of patients admitted to an acute in-patient unit...
- The development and first use of the QUEST measures to evaluate school nurses' knowledge and skills for depression recognition and managementMark Haddad
School of Health Sciences, City University London, Northampton Square, London EC1V 0HB, UK
J Sch Health 83:36-44. 2013..There are few validated measures of knowledge and skills in this area. We describe a multiple-choice question set to test nurses' depression knowledge and vignettes to examine case recognition skills...
- Case identification of depression in patients with chronic physical health problems: a diagnostic accuracy meta-analysis of 113 studiesNicholas Meader
National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health, London
Br J Gen Pract 61:e808-20. 2011..The use of two stem questions for case finding in diabetes and coronary heart disease is advocated in the Quality and Outcomes Framework, and has become normalised into primary care...