Lindsay Jl Forbes
Affiliation: King's College London
- Communicating the benefits and harms of cancer screeningLindsay J L Forbes
King s College London Promoting Early Cancer Presentation Group, Capital House, 42 Weston Street, London, SE1 3QD, UK
Curr Oncol Rep 16:382. 2014..While there is a uniform format and the information covers the same key issues in both breast and cervical screening programmes, the emphasis and detail varies according to balance of benefits and harms within these programmes. ..
- Differences in cancer awareness and beliefs between Australia, Canada, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and the UK (the International Cancer Benchmarking Partnership): do they contribute to differences in cancer survival?L J L Forbes
King s College London Promoting Early Presentation Group, Capital House, 42 Weston Street, London SE1 3QD, UK
Br J Cancer 108:292-300. 2013..The objective of this study was to examine the pattern of differences in cancer awareness and beliefs across these countries to identify where these might contribute to the pattern of survival...
- Breast cancer awareness and barriers to symptomatic presentation among women from different ethnic groups in East LondonL J L Forbes
Promoting Early Presentation Group, Department of Psychological Medicine, Kings College London, South Wing, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
Br J Cancer 105:1474-9. 2011..We examined ethnic differences in breast cancer awareness and barriers to symptomatic presentation in East London...
- Involving users in the design of a randomised controlled trial of an intervention to promote early presentation in breast cancer: qualitative studyLindsay J L Forbes
King s College London Promoting Early Presentation Group, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 10:110. 2010..The scale of the trial and the need for long-term follow-up presented a number of design challenges in relation to obtaining consent, ascertaining and contacting participants who developed breast cancer, and collecting outcome data...
- A promoting early presentation intervention increases breast cancer awareness in older women after 2 years: a randomised controlled trialL J L Forbes
Promoting Early Presentation Group, Kings College London, Adamson Centre for Mental Health, South Wing, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
Br J Cancer 105:18-21. 2011..Our previous report showed that at 1 year, the PEP intervention increased the proportion who were breast cancer aware compared with usual care...
- Chronic exposure to outdoor air pollution and diagnosed cardiovascular disease: meta-analysis of three large cross-sectional surveysLindsay J L Forbes
Division of Community Health Sciences, St George s, University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK
Environ Health 8:30. 2009..Our study aimed to estimate the size of the association between long term exposure to outdoor air pollution and prevalent cardiovascular disease...