Affiliation: King's College London
- Adaptation, response-shift and quality of life ratings in mentally well and unwell groupsSherrill Evans
Health Services Research Department, Institute of Psychiatry, The David Goldberg Centre, London, UK
Qual Life Res 14:1719-32. 2005..The results are consistent with other measurement approaches that indicate that adaptation effects in relation to QOL, are not large...
- Mental health, burnout and job satisfaction among mental health social workers in England and WalesSherrill Evans
Box 032, Social Work and Social Care Section, Health Services Research Department, David Goldberg Centre, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Br J Psychiatry 188:75-80. 2006..Previous research suggests that social workers experience high levels of stress and burnout but most remain committed to their work...
- Assessment of quality of life in later life: development and validation of the QuiLLSherrill Evans
Social Work and Social Care Section, Health Services Resesarch Department, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, London, SE5 8AF, UK
Qual Life Res 14:1291-300. 2005..The instrument needs to be applied in different contexts to assess interventions of known impact. Together with daily living and health status measures it can form part of a comprehensive assessment for older people...
- The impact of 'statutory duties' on mental health social workers in the UKSherrill Evans
lnstitute of Psychiatry and Social Care Workforce Research Unit, King s College, London, UK
Health Soc Care Community 13:145-54. 2005..In turn, this might have consequences for staff recruitment and retention...
- The impact of mental illness on quality of life: A comparison of severe mental illness, common mental disorder and healthy population samplesSherrill Evans
King s College, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
Qual Life Res 16:17-29. 2007..QOL studies combining mental health samples should control for health-status group, and domain-specific and global indicators of lifestyle and opportunity...
- Staff shortages in the mental health workforce: the case of the disappearing approved social workerPeter Huxley
lnstitute of Psychiatry and Social Care Workforce Research Unit, King's College, London, UK
Health Soc Care Community 13:504-13. 2005..The authors conclude that specific and targeted action needs to be taken by the government and public sector employers to determine the numbers of mental health social workers needed in modernised community mental health services...
- Organisation and features of hospital, intermediate care and social services in English sites with low rates of delayed dischargeMatt Baumann
Social Work and Social Care Section, Health Services Research Department, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Health Soc Care Community 15:295-305. 2007....
- Urban regeneration and mental healthPeter Huxley
Health Services Research Department, Institute of Psychiatry, King's College, The David Goldberg Centre De Crespigny Park, 032, London SE5 8AF, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 39:280-5. 2004..A longer follow-up period may be required to demonstrate an effect...
- Quality of life routine outcomes measurement: lessons from experience in the USA and the UKPeter Huxley
David Goldberg Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, UK
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 11:192-7. 2002..Finally, general problems that affect QoL and all other routine measures are described and analysed using a framework devised by Peterson (1989)...
- Developing wider workforce regulation in England: lessons from education, social work and social careMichelle Cornes
Social Care Workforce Research Unit, King s College London, UK
J Interprof Care 21:241-50. 2007..In light of the paucity of evidence of outcomes and benefits for improved practice and the protection of the public, there is a need for research to address this complex arena...
- State-event relations among indicators of susceptibility to mental distress in Wythenshawe in the UKRichard Thomas
School of Geography, University of Manchester, UK
Soc Sci Med 55:921-35. 2002..The discussion considers the methodological implications of these relationships for understanding common mental health problems together with their connotations for health policy...
- More than jobs and houses: mental health, quality of life and the perceptions of locality in an area undergoing urban regenerationAnne Rogers
National Primary Care Research and Development Centre, University of Manchester, 5th Floor, Williamson Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 43:364-72. 2008..This paper considers the relationship between lay perceptions of locality adversity, mental health and social capital in an area undergoing urban regeneration...
- Housing improvement and self-reported mental distress among council estate residentsRichard Thomas
School of Geography, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK
Soc Sci Med 60:2773-83. 2005....