Affiliation: King's College London
- Time trends in eating disorder incidenceLaura Currin
Section of Eating Disorders, Institute of Psychiatry, Mental Health Department, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 186:132-5. 2005..During the years 1988-1993 the primary care incidence of anorexia nervosa in the UK remained stable, but the incidence of bulimia nervosa increased threefold...
- Variables that influence diagnosis and treatment of the eating disorders within primary care settings: a vignette studyLaura Currin
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Eating Disorders Section, London, England
Int J Eat Disord 40:257-62. 2007..This study examined the influence of clinical and nonclinical features of case presentation on the diagnosis and treatment of eating disorders in primary care...
- Primary care physicians' knowledge of and attitudes toward the eating disorders: do they affect clinical actions?Laura Currin
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Section of Eating Disorders, London, England
Int J Eat Disord 42:453-8. 2009..This study examined the influence of primary care physicians' knowledge of and attitudes to eating disorders on their treatment decisions...
- The use of guidelines for dissemination of "best practice" in primary care of patients with eating disordersLaura Currin
Institute of Psychiatry, Section of Eating Disorders, King s College London, London, England
Int J Eat Disord 40:476-9. 2007..A number of sets of clinical guidelines have been developed for the treatment of eating-disordered patients. This study aimed to measure adherence to such guidance among family physicians working in primary care settings...
- Family work in anorexia nervosa: a qualitative study of carers' experiences of two methods of family interventionJenna Whitney
Vincent Square Eating Disorders Service, Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust, Victoria, London, UK
Eur Eat Disord Rev 20:132-41. 2012..Qualitative methods can aid in the development of complex interventions...