Michael C Craig
Affiliation: King's College London
- Estrogen therapy and Alzheimer's dementiaMichael C Craig
Centre for Female Health and Neurodevelopment, Department of Forensic and Neurodevelopmental Sciences, Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London, London, United Kingdom
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1205:245-53. 2010..Consistent with the "critical period" hypothesis, these studies suggest that the positive effects of estrogen are most robust in young women and in older women who had initiated ET around the time of menopause...
- Should psychiatrists be prescribing oestrogen therapy to their female patients?Michael C Craig
Department of Forensic and Neurodevelopmental Sciences, Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London, London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 202:9-13. 2013..This paper reappraises the putative role of hormone treatments, particularly oestrogen therapy, in psychiatry...
- Altered integrity of perisylvian language pathways in schizophrenia: relationship to auditory hallucinationsMarco Catani
Department of Forensic and Neurodevelopmental Sciences, King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 70:1143-50. 2011....
- Prenatal stress and limbic-prefrontal white matter microstructure in children aged 6-9 years: a preliminary diffusion tensor imaging studySagari Sarkar
Department of Forensic and Neurodevelopmental Science, King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
World J Biol Psychiatry 15:346-52. 2014..One potential candidate for modulating brain development is maternal prenatal stress. We provide the first prospective study of prenatal stress and white matter microstructure in children...
- Alzheimer's disease in womenMichael C Craig
Section of Brain Maturation PO50, Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 23:53-61. 2009..However, it may have a negative or neutral effect if it is prescribed to women after this time. This chapter will discuss some of the putative biological mechanisms that may underlie these effects...
- Microstructural organization of cerebellar tracts in schizophreniaRichard A A Kanaan
Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 66:1067-9. 2009..However, previous studies have employed region-of-interest approaches or have used small or unmatched samples, with a consequent risk of type II error...
- In vivo brain anatomy of adult males with Fragile X syndrome: an MRI studyBrian P Hallahan
Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College, London, UK
Neuroimage 54:16-24. 2011..People with FraX have regionally specific differences in brain anatomy from healthy controls with enlargement of the caudate nuclei that persists into adulthood...