Genomes and Genes
David J Cousins
Affiliation: King's College London
- Cytokine coexpression during human Th1/Th2 cell differentiation: direct evidence for coordinated expression of Th2 cytokinesDavid J Cousins
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Allergy, GKT School of Medicine, King s College, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 169:2498-506. 2002....
- Therapeutic approaches for control of transcription factors in allergic diseaseDavid J Cousins
MRC Asthma UK Centre in Allergic Mechanisms of Asthma, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:803-9; quiz 810-1. 2008..In this review we examine the role of each transcription factor in allergic disease and discuss approaches that have been taken to therapeutically interfere with transcription factor function in allergic disease...
- Fibronectin is a TH1-specific molecule in human subjectsHilary Sandig
Medical Research Council and Asthma UK Centre in Allergic Mechanisms of Asthma, King s College London, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 124:528-35, 535.e1-5. 2009..A major T(H)1-mediated effector mechanism involves the IFN-gamma-induced killing of the pathogen by infected macrophages...
- Human Th2 cells selectively express the orexigenic peptide, pro-melanin-concentrating hormoneHilary Sandig
Medical Research Council Asthma U K Centre in Allergic Mechanisms of Asthma and Genomics Centre, King s College London, London SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:12440-4. 2007....
- Human T(H)2 cells respond to cysteinyl leukotrienes through selective expression of cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1Celine N Parmentier
King s College London, London, UK
J Allergy Clin Immunol 129:1136-42. 2012..Recent data have implicated CysLTs in the establishment and amplification of T(H)2 responses in murine models, although the precise mechanisms are unresolved...
- IL-2 regulates expression of C-MAF in human CD4 T cellsAradhana Rani
Department of Immunobiology, King s College London, London SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
J Immunol 187:3721-9. 2011..Thus, our findings demonstrate the importance of IL-2 in Th2 differentiation in human T cells and support the notion that IL-2R-directed therapies may have utility in the treatment of allergic disorders...
- DNA methylation changes at human Th2 cytokine genes coincide with DNase I hypersensitive site formation during CD4(+) T cell differentiationSamantha Santangelo
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Allergy, King s College, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 169:1893-903. 2002....
- Ligation of TLR9 induced on human IL-10-secreting Tregs by 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 abrogates regulatory functionZoe Urry
MRC and Asthma UK Centre in Allergic Mechanisms of Asthma, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 119:387-98. 2009..We therefore suggest that TLR9 could be used to monitor and potentially modulate the function of 1alpha25VitD3-induced IL-10-secreting Treg in vivo, and that this has implications in cancer therapy and vaccine design...
- Regulation of GM-CSF expression by the transcription factor c-MafJane Gilmour
Medical Research Council and Asthma UK Center in Allergic Mechanisms of Asthma, King s College London, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:56-63. 2007....
- Diminished sarco/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ ATPase (SERCA) expression contributes to airway remodelling in bronchial asthmaKatharina Mahn
Medical Research Council and Asthma UK Centre in Allergic Mechanisms of Asthma, King s College London, London SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:10775-80. 2009..Our findings implicate a deficiency in SERCA2 in ASM in asthma that contributes to its secretory and hyperproliferative phenotype in asthma, and which may play a key role in mechanisms of airway remodeling...
- Analysis of intergenic transcription in the human IL-4/IL-13 gene clusterDavid F Rogan
Department of Asthma, Allergy, and Respiratory Science, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas School of Medicine, King s College London, London SE1 9RT, UK
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:2446-51. 2004..These results support a progressive differentiation model of T cell lineage commitment...
- IFN-gamma gene expression is controlled by the architectural transcription factor HMGA1Kai Yin Chau
Department of Immunology, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London and Moorfields Eye Hospital, NHS Foundation Trust, 11 43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Int Immunol 17:297-306. 2005..In vitro binding assays further demonstrated a specific interaction of HMGA1 to defined regions of the IFNG gene proximal promoter...