Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: King's College London
- A preferential increase in the extrastriate response to signals of dangerSimon A Surguladze
Section of Neuroscience and Emotion, Division of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, UK
Neuroimage 19:1317-28. 2003..We suggest that this differential pattern of response to different categories of emotional signals allows the preferential direction of visual attention to signals of imminent danger than to other, less-salient emotional stimuli...
- Recognition accuracy and response bias to happy and sad facial expressions in patients with major depressionSimon A Surguladze
Section of Neuroscience and Emotion, Division of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Neuropsychology 18:212-8. 2004..The authors suggest that, in depressed patients, the inability to accurately identify subtle changes in facial expression displayed by others in social situations may underlie the impaired interpersonal functioning...
- A reversal of the normal pattern of parahippocampal response to neutral and fearful faces is associated with reality distortion in schizophreniaSimon Surguladze
Division of Psychological Medicine, Kings College London Institute and Brain Image Analysis Unit of Psychiatry, London, UK
Biol Psychiatry 60:423-31. 2006..The neural mechanisms underlying this deficit and the relationship with different symptoms remain poorly understood...
- The effect of long-acting risperidone on working memory in schizophrenia: a functional magnetic resonance imaging studySimon A Surguladze
Department of Psychiatry, King s College London Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
J Clin Psychopharmacol 27:560-70. 2007..We conclude that RLAI may contribute to normalization of brain activation in regions involved in working memory functioning in people with chronic schizophrenia...
- Genetic variation in the serotonin transporter modulates neural system-wide response to fearful facesS A Surguladze
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Genes Brain Behav 7:543-51. 2008..These effects may underlie the vulnerability to mood and anxiety disorders potentially triggered by socially salient, emotional cues in individuals with the S allele of 5-HTTLPR...
- Psychiatric genetics: recent advances and clinical implicationsA Corsico
Social Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry SGDP Research Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 10:253-9. 2001..To present an overview on current progress and future directions in psychiatric genetics...
- Gene-environment interaction analysis of serotonin system markers with adolescent depressionT C Eley
Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College, London SE5 8AF, UK
Mol Psychiatry 9:908-15. 2004....