Patricia J Conrod
Affiliation: King's College London
- New developments in prevention and early intervention for alcohol abuse in youthsSherry H Stewart
Department of Psychology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 29:278-86. 2005....
- Efficacy of cognitive-behavioral interventions targeting personality risk factors for youth alcohol misusePatricia J Conrod
Department of Psychological Medicine and Psychiatry, Section of Addiction, King s College London, University of London, London, UK
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 35:550-63. 2006..Intent-to-treat analyses indicated beneficial effects of the intervention and Intervention x Personality interactions on drinking rates, drinking quantity, binge drinking, and problem drinking symptoms at 4-month follow-up...
- The role of anxiety sensitivity in subjective and physiological responses to social and physical stressorsPatricia J Conrod
Department of Psychological Medicine, Section of Addiction, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Cogn Behav Ther 35:216-25. 2006....
- Personality-targeted interventions delay the growth of adolescent drinking and binge drinkingPatricia J Conrod
Division of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:181-90. 2008..Personality factors are implicated in the vulnerability to adolescent alcohol misuse. This study examined whether providing personality-targeted interventions in early adolescence can delay drinking and binge drinking in high-risk youth...
- Long-term effects of a personality-targeted intervention to reduce alcohol use in adolescentsPatricia J Conrod
Department of Addictions, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
J Consult Clin Psychol 79:296-306. 2011..To examine the long-term effects of a personality-targeted intervention on drinking quantity and frequency (QF), problem drinking, and personality-specific motivations for alcohol use in early adolescence...
- A systematic evaluation and validation of subtypes of adolescent alcohol use motives: genetic and environmental contributionsClare J Mackie
Division of Psychological Medicine and Psychiatry, Addictions Department, Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London, UK
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 35:420-30. 2011..Adult twin studies typically estimate the heritability of alcohol use motives to be between 7 and 42%, although relatively little is known about genetic and environmental influences upon alcohol use motives in adolescence...
- Personality moderates the longitudinal relationship between psychological symptoms and alcohol use in adolescentsClare J Mackie
Addictions Department, Division of Psychological Medicine and Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 35:703-16. 2011....
- Personality correlates of the common and unique variance across conduct disorder and substance misuse symptoms in adolescenceNatalie Castellanos-Ryan
Centre de recherche du CHU Ste Justine, Universite de Montreal, 3175 Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Canada
J Abnorm Child Psychol 39:563-76. 2011..Results confirm impulsivity, hopelessness and sensation seeking as key correlates of externalising behaviour problems in adolescence, identifying them as clear targets for intervention and prevention strategies...
- Brief, personality-targeted coping skills interventions and survival as a non-drug user over a 2-year period during adolescencePatricia J Conrod
Addictions Department, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, 4 Windsor Walk, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, United Kingdom
Arch Gen Psychiatry 67:85-93. 2010..Selective interventions targeting personality risk are showing promise in the prevention of problematic drinking behavior, but their effect on illicit drug use has yet to be evaluated...
- Personality-targeted interventions delay uptake of drinking and decrease risk of alcohol-related problems when delivered by teachersMaeve O'Leary-Barrett
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, and the South London and Maudsley National Health Service Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:954-963.e1. 2010..This trial examined the efficacy of teacher-delivered personality-targeted interventions for alcohol-misuse over a 6-month period...
- Adolescent bullying victimisation and alcohol-related problem behaviour mediated by coping drinking motives over a 12 month periodLauren R Topper
MRC Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, The Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Addict Behav 36:6-13. 2011..This current study investigated the development of risky coping drinking motives as a mediator in the relationship between adolescent school victimisation and alcohol-related problem behaviour using a longitudinal design over 12 months...
- Is the strength of implicit alcohol associations correlated with alcohol-induced heart-rate acceleration?Esther van den Wildenberg
Faculty of Psychology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 30:1336-48. 2006..These 3 types of implicit alcohol-related cognitions have been proposed to reflect the strength of incentive sensitization that is experienced after repeated alcohol use...
- Heightened heart rate response to alcohol intoxication is associated with a reward-seeking personality profileCaroline Brunelle
Department of Psychology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 28:394-401. 2004..the association between a high HR response and various personality traits (hopelessness/introversion, anxiety sensitivity, impulsivity, and sensation-seeking) and (2). the relationship between these personality traits and stimulant use...
- Psychometric evaluation of the five-factor Modified Drinking Motives Questionnaire--Revised in undergraduatesValerie V Grant
Department of Psychology, Life Sciences Centre, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 4J1
Addict Behav 32:2611-32. 2007..Notably, coping-anxiety and coping-depression motives were distinctly related to alcohol consumption and alcohol problems...