A T Cohen
Affiliation: King's College London
- Cohen A, Katholing A, Rietbrock S, Bamber L, Martinez C. Epidemiology of first and recurrent venous thromboembolism in patients with active cancer. A population-based cohort study. Thromb Haemost. 2017;117:57-65 pubmed publisher..1â€‰% after 10 years. VTE in patients with active cancer is common and associated with high recurrence and mortality rates. Efforts are needed to prevent VTE and reduce recurrence, especially in the first year after VTE diagnosis. ..
- Lanitis T, LEIPOLD R, Hamilton M, Rublee D, Quon P, Browne C, et al. Cost-effectiveness of apixaban versus low molecular weight heparin/vitamin k antagonist for the treatment of venous thromboembolism and the prevention of recurrences. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:74 pubmed publisher....
- Cohen A, Spiro T, Buller H, Haskell L, Hu D, Hull R, et al. Rivaroxaban for thromboprophylaxis in acutely ill medical patients. N Engl J Med. 2013;368:513-23 pubmed publisher..Rivaroxaban was associated with an increased risk of bleeding. (Funded by Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals and Janssen Research and Development; MAGELLAN ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00571649.). ..
- Bauersachs R, Agnelli G, Gitt A, Monreal M, Mismetti P, Willich S, et al. The role of heparin lead-in in the real-world management of acute venous thromboembolism: The PREFER in VTE registry. Thromb Res. 2017;157:181-188 pubmed publisher..This could result in adverse outcomes or suboptimal anticoagulation. Intervention programs to raise awareness amongst physicians may be merited. ..
- Wijnberge M, Parmar K, Kesse Adu R, Howard J, Cohen A, Hunt B. The utility of thromboelastography and thrombin generation in assessing the prothrombotic state of adults with sickle cell disease. Thromb Res. 2017;158:113-120 pubmed publisher....