S C Chapman
Affiliation: King's College London
- Improved method for chick whole-embryo culture using a filter paper carrierS C Chapman
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, King s College London, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 220:284-9. 2001..We also discuss some alternative methods for setting up these cultures...
- Analysis of spatial and temporal gene expression patterns in blastula and gastrula stage chick embryosSusan C Chapman
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, Kings College London, New Hunts House, London SE1 1UL, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 245:187-99. 2002..We reassess current models of early rostral patterning based on the analysis of these dynamic spatiotemporal expression patterns...
- Anterior identity is established in chick epiblast by hypoblast and anterior definitive endodermSusan C Chapman
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, Kings College London, New Hunts House, Guy s Hospital, London SE1 1UL, UK
Development 130:5091-101. 2003..Based on this new evidence we propose a revised model for establishing anteroposterior polarity, neural specification and head patterning in the early chick that is consonant with that occurring in other vertebrates...
- Lbx1 marks a subset of interneurons in chick hindbrain and spinal cordF R Schubert
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, King s College London, 4th floor New Hunt s House, Guy s Campus, SE1 9RT, London, UK
Mech Dev 101:181-5. 2001..The latter borders the intermediate stripe of both Delta and Lunatic fringe expression. The Lbx1 domain contains differentiated interneurons that project into the lateral longitudinal fasciculus...
- Expression analysis of chick Wnt and frizzled genes and selected inhibitors in early chick patterningSusan C Chapman
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, Kings College London, New Hunts House, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 229:668-76. 2004..We have identified two candidate molecules for anterior patterning of the neural plate, Wnt1 and Wnt8b, which are expressed in the rostral ectoderm at these stages. Further functional studies on the roles of these markers are underway...
- Restricted expression of Fgf16 within the developing chick inner earSusan C Chapman
University of Utah, School of Medicine, Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, and Children s Health Research Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Dev Dyn 235:2276-81. 2006..The restricted expression pattern of Fgf16 suggests a role for FGF signaling in the patterning of the sensory cristae, together with BMP signaling...
- Specification of germ layer identity in the chick gastrulaSusan C Chapman
University of Utah School of Medicine, Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, and Children s Health Research Center, Room 2R066 SOM, 30 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132 2101, USA
BMC Dev Biol 7:91. 2007....
- Rapid triple-labeling method combining in situ hybridization and double immunocytochemistryCarmen Lopez-Sanchez
Anatomia y Embriología Humana, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Extremadura, Badajoz, Spain
Dev Dyn 230:309-15. 2004..The improved method enables the investigator to extract substantially more information from individual embryos, maximizing the results obtained from labor-intensive fate mapping studies...
- Ubiquitous GFP expression in transgenic chickens using a lentiviral vectorSusan C Chapman
University of Utah School of Medicine, Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, and Children s Health Research Center, Room 401 MREB, 20 North 1900 East Salt Lake City, Utah 84132 3401, USA
Development 132:935-40. 2005..The transgenic chick model will benefit studies on embryonic development, as well as providing the pharmaceutical industry with an economical bioreactor...