Genomes and Genes
Rodrigo A Bressan
Affiliation: King's College London
- Typical antipsychotic drugs -- D(2) receptor occupancy and depressive symptoms in schizophreniaRodrigo A Bressan
Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Schizophr Res 56:31-6. 2002..52, p=0.025). This study suggests that high striatal dopamine D(2) blockade by typical antipsychotic drugs may contribute to the emergence of depressive symptoms in typical antipsychotic treated schizophrenic patients...
- The posttraumatic stress disorder project in Brazil: neuropsychological, structural and molecular neuroimaging studies in victims of urban violenceRodrigo A Bressan
Laboratório Interdisciplinar de Neurosciencias Clínicas LiNC, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Psychiatry 9:30. 2009..This paper shows the research rationale and design for these three case-control studies...
- Prolactinemia is uncoupled from central D2/D3 dopamine receptor occupancy in amisulpride treated patientsRodrigo A Bressan
Section of Neurochemical Imaging, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 175:367-73. 2004..Previous studies have found an association between striatal D2/D3 receptor occupancy and PRL in typical antipsychotic treated patients suggesting that PRL is a marker of central D2/D3 receptors blockade...
- Evaluation of NMDA receptors in vivo in schizophrenic patients with [123I]CNS 1261 and SPET: preliminary findingsRodrigo A Bressan
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College, London, WC2R 2LS, United Kingdom
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1003:364-7. 2003
- [Glutamatergic hypothesis of schizophrenia]Rodrigo A Bressan
Departamento de Psiquiatria, Universidade Federal de São Paulo UNIFESP São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 25:177-83. 2003..Finaly the paper discusses the interaction between the dopaminergic and the glutamatergic systems; in special how hyperdopaminergic state found in schizophrenia can be associated to glutamatergic dysfunctions...
- Is regionally selective D2/D3 dopamine occupancy sufficient for atypical antipsychotic effect? an in vivo quantitative [123I]epidepride SPET study of amisulpride-treated patientsRodrigo A Bressan
British Association of Psychopharmacology, Harrogate, UK
Am J Psychiatry 160:1413-20. 2003..The authors' goal was to evaluate whether treatment with amisulpride results in "limbic selective" D(2)/D(3) receptor blockade in vivo...
- Depressive episodes in stable schizophrenia: critical evaluation of the DSM-IV and ICD-10 diagnostic criteriaRodrigo A Bressan
Schizophrenia Program, Department of Psychiatry, Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Brazil
Psychiatry Res 117:47-56. 2003..Useful criteria for depressive episodes in schizophrenia should avoid a temporal relation with the psychotic episode...
- Optimizing limbic selective D2/D3 receptor occupancy by risperidone: a [123I]-epidepride SPET studyRodrigo A Bressan
Section of Neurochemical Imaging, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London, UK
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:5-14. 2003..This finding is consistent with the relevance of 'limbic selective' D2/D3 receptor occupancy to the therapeutic efficacy of atypical antipsychotic drugs...
- Relationship between ketamine-induced psychotic symptoms and NMDA receptor occupancy: a [(123)I]CNS-1261 SPET studyJames M Stone
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 197:401-8. 2008..Ketamine induces effects resembling both positive and negative psychotic symptoms of schizophrenia. These are thought to arise through its action as an uncompetitive antagonist of the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor...
- Higher dopamine transporter density in Parkinson's disease patients with depressionAndre C Felicio
Instituto Israelita de Ensino e Pesquisa IIEP, Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein HIAE, Francisco Morato ave, 4293, Postal Code 05521 000, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 211:27-31. 2010....
- Increased dopamine transporter density in Parkinson's disease patients with Social Anxiety DisorderTais S Moriyama
Instituto do Cérebro, Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa do Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Neurol Sci 310:53-7. 2011..39, p=0.03). No significant correlation was found for the right caudate (r=0.23, p=0.21). This finding may reinforce the hypothesis that dopaminergic dysfunction might be implicated in the pathogenesis of social anxiety in PD...
- Degenerative parkinsonism in patients with psychogenic parkinsonism: A dopamine transporter imaging studyAndre C Felicio
Movement Disorder Unit, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 112:282-5. 2010....
- A bolus/infusion paradigm for the novel NMDA receptor SPET tracer [123I]CNS 1261Rodrigo A Bressan
Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 8AF, UK
Nucl Med Biol 31:155-64. 2004..Good agreement was obtained between kinetic and equilibrium analysis. SPET scanning with a bolus-infusion protocol is a valid method to estimate the total volume of distribution for [(123)I]CNS 1261 in clinical populations...
- Analysis of D2 dopamine receptor occupancy with quantitative SPET using the high-affinity ligand [123I]epidepride: resolving conflicting findingsKjell Erlandsson
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College London, London, UK
Neuroimage 19:1205-14. 2003....
- Non-uniform blockade of intrastriatal D2/D3 receptors by risperidone and amisulprideJames M Stone
Section of Neurochemical Imaging, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 8AF, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 180:664-9. 2005..The striatum does not contain exclusively nigrostriatal dopamine tracts, however. The caudate nucleus and ventral parts of the striatum primarily contain limbic and associative dopamine pathways more relevant to psychosis...
- Impact of schizophrenia and chronic antipsychotic treatment on [123I]CNS-1261 binding to N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in vivoRodrigo A Bressan
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 58:41-6. 2005..We used [123I]CNS-1261 to determine whether binding to the NMDA receptor intrachannel PCP/MK-801 site is affected by schizophrenia or by treatment with typical antipsychotics and clozapine in vivo...
- Evaluation of patients with Clinically Unclear Parkinsonian Syndromes submitted to brain SPECT imaging using the technetium-99m labeled tracer TRODAT-1Andre C Felicio
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Movement Disorder Unit, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Neurol Sci 291:64-8. 2010..In conclusion, our data provided further information about the role of the technetium-99m labeled tracer TRODAT-1 as a biomarker of DAT reduction that can also be used in the diagnosis of patients with CUPS...
- Differential prefrontal gray matter correlates of treatment response to fluoxetine or cognitive-behavioral therapy in obsessive-compulsive disorderMarcelo Q Hoexter
Department and Institute of Psychiatry, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 23:569-80. 2013..Clinical registration information: http://clinicaltrials.gov-NCT00680602...
- A 6-month randomized controlled trial to test the efficacy of a lifestyle intervention for weight gain management in schizophreniaCecília Attux
Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Machado Bitencourt, 222, Vila Clementino, CEP 04044 000, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
BMC Psychiatry 13:60. 2013..Patients with schizophrenia have lower longevity than the general population as a consequence of a combination of risk factors connected to the disease, lifestyle and the use of medications, which are related to weight gain...
- Ketamine displaces the novel NMDA receptor SPET probe [(123)I]CNS-1261 in humans in vivoJames M Stone
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park London, SE5 8AF UK
Nucl Med Biol 33:239-43. 2006..05). [(123)I]CNS-1261 appears to be a specific ligand in vivo for the intra-channel PCP/ketamine/MK-801 NMDA binding site...
- Role of processing speed and depressed mood on encoding, storage, and retrieval memory functions in patients diagnosed with schizophreniaGildas Brébion
Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 13:99-107. 2007..Neither processing speed nor depressed mood was associated with storage efficiency. It is concluded that both cognitive speed slowing and depressed mood impact on effortful encoding processes...
- Production of atypical category exemplars in patients with schizophreniaGildas Brébion
Section of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 16:822-8. 2010..This semantic abnormality is not a feature of the patients with high ratings of certain negative symptoms...
- Frontal Assessment Battery (FAB) is a simple tool for detecting executive deficits in chronic cannabis usersMaria Alice Fontes
LiNC Laboratório Interdisciplinar de Neurociências Clínicas, Departamento de Psiquiatria, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 33:523-31. 2011..In the present study, the Frontal Assessment Battery (FAB), a brief, easy to use neuropsychological instrument aimed to evaluate EF, was used to evaluate cognitive functioning of CCU...
- Impact of peripheral levels of chemokines, BDNF and oxidative markers on cognition in individuals with schizophreniaElson Asevedo
Schizophrenia Program PROESQ, Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Machado Bittencourt, 222, Sao Paulo, SP CEP 04044 000, Brazil
J Psychiatr Res 47:1376-82. 2013....
- Peripheral interleukin-2 level is associated with negative symptoms and cognitive performance in schizophreniaElson Asevedo
Schizophrenia Program PROESQ, Department of Psychiatry, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Rua Machado Bittencourt, 222, Sao Paulo, SP, CEP 04044 000, Brazil Interdisciplinary Laboratory of Clinical Neurosciences LINC, Department of Psychiatry, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Rua Pedro de Toledo, 669, Edificio de Pesquisas II, Third Floor, Sao Paulo SP, CEP 04039 032, Brazil Electronic address
Physiol Behav 129:194-8. 2014..447, p=0.015). Our findings suggest that IL-2 may be involved in the mechanisms related to cognitive deterioration and negative symptomatology in schizophrenia. ..
- Higher striatal dopamine transporter density in PTSD: an in vivo SPECT study with [(99m)Tc]TRODAT-1Marcelo Q Hoexter
Instituto do Cérebro, Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa do Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 224:337-45. 2012..In vivo molecular imaging studies have shown that healthy 9R carriers have increased striatal DAT binding. However, no prior study evaluated in vivo striatal DAT density in PTSD...
- The effectiveness of a non-pharmacological intervention for weight gain management in severe mental disorders: results from a national multicentric studyCecília Attux
Schizophrenia Program, Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 33:117-21. 2011..To evaluate the effectiveness of a non-pharmacological intervention for weight gain management in severe mental disorders...
- Molecular imaging studies in Parkinson disease: reducing diagnostic uncertaintyAndre C Felicio
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Movement Disorders Unit, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Neurologist 15:6-16. 2009....
- Reduced dorso-lateral prefrontal cortex in treatment resistant schizophreniaAndré Zugman
Interdiciplinary Laboratory in Clinical Neuroscience LiNC, Department of Psychiatry, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Schizophr Res 148:81-6. 2013..The aim of this study was to compare cortical thickness between non-resistant SCZ (NR-SCZ), treatment-resistant SCZ (TR-SCZ) patients and healthy controls (HC)...
- Polymorphisms in schizophrenia candidate gene UFD1L may contribute to cognitive deficitsVanessa K Ota
Disciplina de Genetica, Departamento de Morfologia e Genética, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Rua Botucatu 740, Edifício Leitão da Cunha, 1 andar, CEP 04023 900 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Psychiatry Res 209:110-3. 2013..We found that rs5992403 AA-genotype carriers showed lower scores on the set-shifting task. Therefore, UFD1L may participate in the core cognitive deficits observed in schizophrenia. ..
- Sleep disorders in Machado-Joseph disease: a dopamine transporter imaging studyJose Luiz Pedroso
Department of Neurology, Ataxia Unit, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Neurol Sci 324:90-3. 2013..This study assessed the relationship between sleep disorders in MJD and dopamine transporter (DAT) densities...
- Role of processing speed and premorbid IQ on visual recognition in patients with schizophreniaGildas Brébion
Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 31:302-11. 2009..These data suggest that premorbid IQ is involved in visual-recognition efficiency. However, the deficit observed in patients is accounted for by decreased processing speed...
- PRODH polymorphisms, cortical volumes and thickness in schizophreniaVanessa K Ota
Disciplina de Genetica, Departamento de Morfologia e Genética, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil LiNC Laboratório Interdisciplinar de Neurociências Clínicas, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 9:e87686. 2014..In summary, we report a functional PRODH variant associated with schizophrenia that may have a neurochemical impact, altering brain function, but is not responsible for the cortical reductions found in the disorder. ..
- ZDHHC8 gene may play a role in cortical volumes of patients with schizophreniaVanessa K Ota
Disciplina de Genetica, Departamento de Morfologia e Genética, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Rua Botucatu, 740, Edifício Leitão da Cunha, 1 andar, CEP 04023 900, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Schizophr Res 145:33-5. 2013..Moreover, A-allele carriers presented posterior brain GMV reductions when compared to GG-genotype. These data suggest that ZDHHC8 may play a role in cortical volumes...
- Atypical antipsychotic drugs and tardive dyskinesia: relevance of D2 receptor affinityRodrigo A Bressan
Section of Neurochemical Imaging and Psychiatry, Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
J Psychopharmacol 18:124-7. 2004..Potential psychopharmacological mechanisms explaining these differences are discussed, highlighting the importance of D2 receptor occupancy by atypical antipsychotic drugs for TD...
- Substantia nigra echogenicity is correlated with nigrostriatal impairment in Machado-Joseph diseaseJose Luiz Pedroso
Department of Neurology, Ataxia Unit, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Botucatu, 740, São Paulo 04 023 900, SP, Brazil
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 19:742-5. 2013..The present study aimed to correlate the SN echogenic size and striatal dopamine transporter density in MJD patients...
- Epidemiology of psychotropic drug use in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: gaps in mental illness treatmentsMaria Ines Quintana
Federal University of Sao Paulo Paulista Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e62270. 2013..Estimate the prevalence of psychotropic drugs use in the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and establish its relationship with the presence of mental disorders...
- Processing speed: a strong predictor of verbal memory performance in schizophreniaGildas Brébion
Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 28:370-82. 2006..These findings suggest that slowing in processing speed is an important contributor to verbal memory impairment in patients with schizophrenia. The possible role of various specific slowing functions is discussed...
- Violence and post-traumatic stress disorder in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: the protocol for an epidemiological and genetic surveySergio Baxter Andreoli
Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Psychiatry 9:34. 2009....
- Olfactory heterogeneity in LRRK2 related ParkinsonismLaura Silveira-Moriyama
Reta Lila Weston Institute of Neurological Studies, UCL Institute of Neurology, London, UK
Mov Disord 25:2879-83. 2010..Odor identification is diminished in LRRK2 parkinsonism but not to the same extent as in idiopathic PD...
- The impact of healthy parenting as a protective factor for posttraumatic stress disorder in adulthood: a case-control studyAdriano R Lima
Department of Psychiatry, Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 9:e87117. 2014..Early life social adversity can influence stress response mechanisms and is associated with anxious behaviour and reductions in callosal area later in life...
- Plasma Ndel1 enzyme activity is reduced in patients with schizophrenia--a potential biomarker?Ary Gadelha
Departamento de Psiquiatria, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Psychiatr Res 47:657-63. 2013..Our findings support the Ndel1 enzyme activity implications to clinical practice in terms of diagnosis and drug treatment of SCZ...
- Cognitive and olfactory deficits in Machado-Joseph disease: a dopamine transporter studyPedro Braga-Neto
Ataxia Unit, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 18:854-8. 2012..This finding raises the possibility of extra-striatal dopamine and other neurotransmitter system involvement or of cerebellum neurodegeneration exerting a direct influence on cognitive and sensorial information processing in MJD...
- Ten-year growth in the scientific production of Brazilian Psychiatry: the impact of the new evaluation policiesJeronimo Gerolin
Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 32:6-10. 2010..A new set of more stringent criteria has been proposed for Qualis. Our aim was to evaluate the impact of the new Qualis criteria on the scientific production of Post-Graduation Programs in psychiatry over the last 10 years...
- [Early Trauma Inventory (ETI): cross-cultural adaptation and internal consistency]Marcelo Feijó de Mello
Departamento de Psiquiatria, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Botucatu 431, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cad Saude Publica 26:713-24. 2010..The ETI is a valid instrument with good consistency for evaluating history of childhood and adolescent trauma in adults...
- Cannabis use before age 15 and subsequent executive functioningMaria Alice Fontes
Laboratório Interdisciplinar de Neurociências Clínicas and Unidade de Pesquisas em Álcool e Drogas, Departamento de Psiquiatria, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Br J Psychiatry 198:442-7. 2011..However, few large studies have measured differences in cognitive performance between chronic cannabis users who started in early adolescence (before age 15) with those who started later...
- Depression, avolition, and attention disorders in patients with schizophrenia: associations with verbal memory efficiencyGildas Brébion
Unit of Research and Development, Sant Joan de Déu Serveis de Salut Mental, C Doctor Antoni Pujadas 42, 08830 Sant Boi de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 21:206-15. 2009..It is suggested that more consideration should be given to depression and motivation in the investigation of cognitive impairment in schizophrenia, as well as in cognitive remediation strategies...
- Processing speed and working memory span: their differential role in superficial and deep memory processes in schizophreniaGildas Brébion
1Section of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, United Kingdom
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 17:485-93. 2011..Decreased processing speed is involved in verbal and visual memory deficit in patients, whether the task require superficial or deep encoding. Working memory is involved only insofar as the task requires a certain amount of effort...
- Cortical morphology changes in women with borderline personality disorder: a multimodal approachThabata B de Araujo
Interdisciplinary Laboratory of Clinical Neurosciences, Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, São PauloSP, Brazil, Interdisciplinary Laboratory of Clinical Neurosciences LINC, Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 36:32-8. 2014..As neuroimaging studies of patients with BPD are still scarce, volumetric and geometric features of the cortical structure were assessed to ascertain whether structural cortical alterations are present in BPD patients...
- A model of memory impairment in schizophrenia: cognitive and clinical factors associated with memory efficiency and memory errorsGildas Brébion
Section of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, United Kingdom Unit of Research and Development, Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Deu, Barcelona, Spain CIBERSAM, Spain Electronic address
Schizophr Res 151:70-7. 2013..Memory impairments in patients with schizophrenia have been associated with various cognitive and clinical factors. Hallucinations have been more specifically associated with errors stemming from source monitoring failure...
- Obsessive-compulsive symptom dimensions correlate to specific gray matter volumes in treatment-naïve patientsPedro G Alvarenga
Department and Institute of Psychiatry, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Psychiatr Res 46:1635-42. 2012..Despite their relevant contribution, some methodological limitations, such as patient's previous medication intake, may have contributed to inconsistent findings...
- [Non-pharmacological interventions for weight gain in patients with schizophrenia taking antipsychotics]Cecília Attux
Departamento de Psiquiatria, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 53:391-8. 2009..Obesity is also associated with metabolic disturbances such as diabetes mellitus. Weight gain interventions are necessary in this population, especially non-pharmacological interventions...
- Depression increases in patients with Parkinson?s disease according to the increasing severity of the cognitive impairmentMarcos Hortes N Chagas
Departamento de Neurociências e Ciências do Comportamento, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 72:426-9. 2014..98 to 8.04). Conclusion : The association between depression and PD increases with the severity of the cognitive impairment. ..
- Searching for a neurobiological basis for self-medication theory in ADHD comorbid with substance use disorders: an in vivo study of dopamine transporters using (99m)Tc-TRODAT-1 SPECTNeivo Silva
From the Laboratório de Medicina Nuclear do Complexo Hospitalar Santa Casa LAMENU, Porto Alegre ADHD Outpatient Program, Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Division PRODAH, Hospital de Clínicas de Porto Alegre HCPA, Porto Alegre Laboratório Interdisciplinar de Neurociências Clínicas LiNC, Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, São Paulo Center for Drug and Alcohol Research, HCPA, Universidade Federal do RGS UFRGS, Porto Alegre Universidade Luterana do Brasil, Porto Alegre and Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatria do Desenvolvimento, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Clin Nucl Med 39:e129-34. 2014..The aim of this study was to evaluate striatal DAT density in treatment-naive ADHD adolescents with SUD (ADHD + SUD) and without SUD (ADHD), compared to SUD adolescents without ADHD (SUD) and healthy control subjects (HC)...
- Linkage replication for chromosomal region 13q32 in schizophrenia: evidence from a Brazilian pilot study on early onset schizophrenia familiesAry Gadelha
Interdisciplinary Lab of Clinical Neurosciences LiNC, and Schizophrenia Program PROESQ, Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 7:e52262. 2012..Of these, 13q32 has been reported to be linked to schizophrenia by multiple different studies. Thus, our study provides additional supporting evidence for an aetiological role of variants at 13q32 in schizophrenia...
- Auras and clinical features in temporal lobe epilepsy: a new approach on the basis of voxel-based morphometryMaria Teresa Castilho Garcia Santana
Unidade de Pesquisa e Tratamento das Epilepsias UNIPETE, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Epilepsy Res 89:327-38. 2010..For the first time, we have demonstrated GMV reductions anatomically correspondent to psychic (mesial areas) and autonomic auras (mesial and insular areas) reproducing previous cortical stimulation studies...
- Word frequency effects on free recall and recognition in patients with schizophreniaGildas Brébion
Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, 103 Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AZ, UK
J Psychiatr Res 39:215-22. 2005..We investigated the word frequency effects in a sample of patients with schizophrenia, assuming these data may shed light on certain encoding processes...
- Evaluating the effectiveness of a training program that builds teachers' capability to identify and appropriately refer middle and high school students with mental health problems in Brazil: an exploratory studyMarlene A Vieira
Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Rua Borges Lagoa 570, 1 andar, Sao Paulo, SP CEP 04038 030, Brazil
BMC Public Health 14:210. 2014..We aimed to evaluate teachers' ability to identify and appropriately refer students with possible MHP, and the effectiveness of a psychoeducational strategy to build teachers' capability in this area...
- Do sleep abnormalities and misaligned sleep/circadian rhythm patterns represent early clinical characteristics for developing psychosis in high risk populations?Márcio Zanini
Programa de Reconhecimento e Intervencao em Indivíduos em Estados Mentais de Risco PRISMA, Departamento de Psiquiatria, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil Electronic address
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 37:2631-7. 2013....
- Towards a multifactorial approach for prediction of bipolar disorder in at risk populationsElisa Brietzke
Program for Recognition and Intervention in Individuals in at Risk Mental States PRISMA, Department of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Affect Disord 140:82-91. 2012..Moreover, insufficient response with conventional pharmacological and manual-based psychosocial interventions, as well as evidence of illness progression and acceleration, invite the need for early detection and primary prevention...
- Clinical and molecular neuroimaging characteristics of Brazilian patients with Parkinson's disease and mutations in PARK2 or PARK8 genesOrlando G P Barsottini
Instituto Israelita de Ensino e Pesquisa, Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 67:7-11. 2009..To describe clinical and neuroimaging (SPECT) characteristics of Brazilian patients with Parkinson's disease (PD) and mutations in PARK2 or PARK8 genes...
- Mental health research in Brazil: policies, infrastructure, financing and human resourcesJair de Jesus Mari
Departmento de Psiquiatria, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Saude Publica 40:161-9. 2006....
- Methylphenidate DAT binding in adolescents with Attention-Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder comorbid with Substance Use Disorder--a single photon emission computed tomography with [Tc(99m)]TRODAT-1 studyClaudia M Szobot
ADHD Outpatient Clinic, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre POA, Estado do Rio Grande do Sul RS, Brasil
Neuroimage 40:1195-201. 2008..However, it has been demonstrated that drug addiction is associated with dopaminergic system changes that may affect MPH brain effects, emphasizing the need to better understand MPH actions in subjects with ADHD+SUD...
- Kinetic modelling of [123I]CNS 1261--a potential SPET tracer for the NMDA receptorKjell Erlandsson
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Middlesex Hospital, Mortimer Street, London W1T 3AA, UK
Nucl Med Biol 30:441-54. 2003..This distribution concurs with [(11)C]-ketamine and [(18)F]-memantine PET studies. These data provide a methodological basis for further direct in vivo challenge studies...
- Neuropsychological function in patients with chronic hepatitis CLucas C Quarantini
Liver Int 28:893-4; author reply 894-5. 2008
- Refractory schizophrenia: a neglected clinical problemJoão Guilherme Fiorani Borgio
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 29:292-3. 2007
- Psychosis during peginterferon-alpha 2a and ribavirin therapy: case reportLucas C Quarantini
Neuropsychiatry Department, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 10:406-7. 2006..We report a case of psychotic disorder that occurred during therapy with pegylated Interferon-alpha given associated with ribavirin. After good response to psychiatric treatment, it became possible to finish the anti-viral therapy...
- High frequency of unrecognized mental disorders in HCV-infected patientsSusana Carolina Batista-Neves
University Hospital, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Bahia, Brazil
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 30:80-2. 2008..This study indexed the frequency of psychiatric disorders among hepatitis C virus (HCV)-infected patients...
- Incidence of psychiatric side effects during pegylated interferon- alpha retreatment in nonresponder hepatitis C virus-infected patientsLucas C Quarantini
University Hospital, Federal University of Bahia School of Medicine, Salvador Bahia, Brazil
Liver Int 27:1098-102. 2007..Evaluate the incidence of mental disorders using pegylated interferon plus ribavirin retreatment in nonresponder hepatitis C virus-infected patients...
- [Cannabis: what is the extent of its harmful effects?]Flavia S Jungerman
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 27:5-6. 2005
- Effect of amantadine on depressive symptoms in chronic hepatitis C patients treated with pegylated interferon: a randomized, controlled pilot studyLucas C Quarantini
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Federal University of Bahia School of Medicine, Brazil
Clin Neuropharmacol 29:138-43. 2006..Assess the effect of amantadine on depressive symptoms during interferon alfa therapy for hepatitis C virus infection...
- Can molecular imaging techniques identify biomarkers for neuropsychiatric disorders?Rodrigo A Bressan
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 29:102-4. 2007