Patrick F Bolton
Affiliation: King's College London
- Rates of undiagnosed attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in London drug and alcohol detoxification unitsZoe Huntley
MRC Social Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London, London, SE 58AF, UK
BMC Psychiatry 12:223. 2012..One of the most prevalent and impairing comorbidities of ADHD in adults are substance use disorders. We estimate rates of ADHD in patients with substance abuse disorders and delineate impairment in the co-morbid group...
- Neural connectivity abnormalities in autism: insights from the Tuberous Sclerosis modelCharlotte Tye
MRC Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park Road, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
BMC Med 11:55. 2013..Please see related research article here http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7015/11/54. ..
- Autism spectrum disorder and autistic traits in the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children: precursors and early signsPatrick F Bolton
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, UK
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 51:249-260.e25. 2012....
- Medical conditions in autism spectrum disordersPatrick F Bolton
The Social Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre and The Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, The Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, England
J Neurodev Disord 1:102-13. 2009..Recent advances in genetics, molecular and systems biology and neuroscience now mean that there are unparalleled opportunities to test causal hypotheses and gain fundamental insights into the nature of autism and its development...
- Epilepsy in autism: features and correlatesPatrick F Bolton
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and MRC Centre for Social Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 198:289-94. 2011..and correlates (IQ history of regression, family history) have only partially been identified...
- No major effect of twinning on autistic traitsSarah Curran
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, United Kingdom
Autism Res 4:377-82. 2011..Aim: We sought to determine whether autistic traits and probable disorder, as measured by the Childhood Autism Spectrum Test (CAST), were more pronounced in twins compared to singletons...
- Cortical anatomy in autism spectrum disorder: an in vivo MRI study on the effect of ageArmin Raznahan
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Cereb Cortex 20:1332-40. 2010..This may reflect primary abnormalities in cortical plasticity and/or be secondary to disturbed interactions between individuals with ASD and their environment...
- Aetiological relationship between language performance and autistic-like traits in childhood: a twin studyKatharina Dworzynski
MRC Social Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry SGDP Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
Int J Lang Commun Disord 42:273-92. 2007..The basis for this association is poorly understood. How early language is related to each of the triad of impairments characteristic of ASDs is also in need of clarification...
- Prader-Willi syndrome: intellectual abilities and behavioural features by genetic subtypeKatja M Milner
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Department and MRC Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 46:1089-96. 2005..We also tested reports that PWS cases due to the larger type I (TI) form of deletion show differences to cases with the smaller type II (TII) deletion...
- Biological markers of intellectual disability in tuberous sclerosisArmin Raznahan
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Psychol Med 37:1293-304. 2007..We have used univariate and multivariate analyses, including both CT and epilepsy measures as predictors, in an attempt to clarify the pattern of cross-sectional associations between these variables and ID in TS...
- An association analysis of microsatellite markers across the Prader-Willi/Angelman critical region on chromosome 15 (q11-13) and autism spectrum disorderSarah Curran
MRC Social, Genetic and Developmental Pyschiatry Centre, Institute of Pyschiatry, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, United Kingdom
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 137:25-8. 2005..Further more systematic work in larger samples is required and confirmation that GABRB3 is imprinted is desirable...
- Monozygotic twins with tuberous sclerosis discordant for the severity of developmental deficitsAyla Humphrey
Developmental Psychiatry Section, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
Neurology 62:795-8. 2004..The findings also raise questions about the mechanisms giving rise to autism in TS...
- Neuroepileptic correlates of autistic symptomatology in tuberous sclerosisPatrick F Bolton
Department of Child Psychiatry and Centre for Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry, The Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 10:126-31. 2004..However, alternative mechanisms to account for the findings cannot yet be ruled out. Future research will have to employ prospective longitudinal designs and treatment trials to clarify the processes involved...
- Serotonin transporter genotype and neuroanatomy in autism spectrum disordersArmin Raznahan
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, KCL, UK
Psychiatr Genet 19:147-50. 2009....
- Chromosome 15q11-13 abnormalities and other medical conditions in individuals with autism spectrum disordersPatrick F Bolton
Department of Child Psychiatry and MRC Centre for Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry, The Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College, London, UK
Psychiatr Genet 14:131-7. 2004..The frequency of abnormalities of 15q11-q13 and other possibly causal medical disorders including karyotypic abnormalities was investigated in an unselected series of children who were referred to one of two autism assessment centres...