Affiliation: King's College London
- Modern electroencephalography: its role in epilepsy managementC D Binnie
Institute of Epileptology, King s College London, UK
Clin Neurophysiol 110:1671-97. 1999....
- Proof of principle trials: EEG surrogate endpointsC Binnie
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, Denmark Hill, SE5 9RS, London, UK
Epilepsy Res 45:7-11; discussion 13-4. 2001..Evoked potential and nerve conduction studies and electronystagmography can be used to assess possible neurotoxicity, and quantitative EEG analysis can be employed to assess sedative effects...
- Cognitive impairment during epileptiform discharges: is it ever justifiable to treat the EEG?Colin D Binnie
Clinical Neurophysiology at King s College, London, UK
Lancet Neurol 2:725-30. 2003..Uncontrolled reports and two preliminary randomised controlled trials of antiepileptic treatment of TCI have suggested that suppression of discharges is associated with significant improvement in psychosocial function...
- The Maudsley Family Study, II: Endogenous event-related potentials in familial schizophreniaS Frangou
Department of Psychological Medicine, King s College School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Schizophr Res 23:45-53. 1997..These included six of the eight obligate carriers. Our results suggest that ERP abnormalities may serve as markers of genetic vulnerability in schizophrenia and may be useful in genetic linkage studies...
- Multiple subpial transection in Landau-Kleffner syndromeK Irwin
Newcomen Centre, Guy's Hospital, London, UK
Dev Med Child Neurol 43:248-52. 2001..MST is an important treatment modality in LKS, although the timing of this intervention and its effect on final language outcome remains to be defined...
- Single pulse electrical stimulation for identification of structural abnormalities and prediction of seizure outcome after epilepsy surgery: a prospective studyAntonio Valentin
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, London, UK
Lancet Neurol 4:718-26. 2005..We aimed to investigate the presence of neuropathological abnormalities in abnormal SPES areas and to establish if removal of these areas improved postsurgical seizure control...
- Treatment of interictal epileptiform discharges can improve behavior in children with behavioral problems and epilepsyRonit M Pressler
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, King s College London, London, UK
J Pediatr 146:112-7. 2005..It is generally agreed that children should be treated for epilepsy only if they have clinical seizures. The aim of this study was to examine whether suppressing interictal discharges can affect behavior in children with epilepsy...
- Material-specific recognition memory deficits elicited by unilateral hippocampal electrical stimulationSteven G Coleshill
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, King s College Hospital, London, SE5 9RS, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 24:1612-6. 2004....
- Electrical impedance tomography of human brain function using reconstruction algorithms based on the finite element methodAndrew P Bagshaw
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, University College London, UK
Neuroimage 20:752-64. 2003....
- Presurgical assessment of memory-related brain structures: the Wada test and functional neuroimagingNozomi Akanuma
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, King s College London, London, UK
Seizure 12:346-58. 2003..We also explore perspectives on future studies that may elucidate the role of the temporal and extratemporal structures in memory function and the mechanisms of cerebral plasticity...
- Lateralising value of neuropsychological protocols for presurgical assessment of temporal lobe epilepsyNozomi Akanuma
Division of Neuroscience, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas School of Medicine, King s College London, London, England
Epilepsia 44:408-18. 2003....
- Characteristics of scalp electrical fields associated with deep medial temporal epileptiform dischargesDinesh Nayak
Division of Neuroscience, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, UK
Clin Neurophysiol 115:1423-35. 2004..To determine scalp characteristics of epileptiform discharges arising from medial temporal structures (MT)...
- A hole in the skull distorts substantially the distribution of extracranial electrical fields in an in vitro modelBryony C Heasman
Division of Neuroscience, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, King s College Hospital, London, UK
J Clin Neurophysiol 19:163-71. 2002..Skull discontinuities can be major determinants for the distribution of extracranial EEG signals. These results have implications for EEG interpretation and for source localization...
- Electrocorticographic discharge patterns in glioneuronal tumors and focal cortical dysplasiaCyrille H Ferrier
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Epilepsia 47:1477-86. 2006....