Genomes and Genes
M Albert Basson
Affiliation: King's College London
- Sprouty genes are essential for the normal development of epibranchial ganglia in the mouse embryoSubreena Simrick
Department of Craniofacial Development, King s College London, Floor 27, Guy s Tower, London, SE1 9RT, UK
Dev Biol 358:147-55. 2011....
- Sprouty1 is a critical regulator of GDNF/RET-mediated kidney inductionM Albert Basson
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, New York, USA
Dev Cell 8:229-39. 2005..These results demonstrate the importance of negative feedback regulation of RTK signaling during kidney induction and suggest that failures in feedback control may underlie some human congenital kidney malformations...
- Branching morphogenesis of the ureteric epithelium during kidney development is coordinated by the opposing functions of GDNF and Sprouty1M Albert Basson
Division of Hematology Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Dev Biol 299:466-77. 2006..Epithelial cysts develop in Spry1-deficient kidneys that share several molecular characteristics with those observed in human disease, suggesting that Spry1 null mice may be useful animal models for cystic hyperplasia...
- Sprouty proteins inhibit receptor-mediated activation of phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase CSimge Akbulut
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:3487-96. 2010..These data highlight an important action of Spry, which may allow these proteins to influence signaling through multiple receptors...
- Sprouty proteins: multifaceted negative-feedback regulators of receptor tyrosine kinase signalingJacqueline M Mason
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Box 1079, One Gustave L. Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Trends Cell Biol 16:45-54. 2006..New biochemical and genetic evidence indicates specific roles of the Spry genes in development and multiple modes of action of the Spry proteins in regulation of the RTK-induced response...
- Synergistic activity of Sef and Sprouty proteins in regulating the expression of Gbx2 in the mid-hindbrain regionWei Lin
Medical Research Council, National Institute for Medical Research, London, UK
Genesis 41:110-5. 2005..Altogether, our results demonstrate that Sef and Sproutys function synergistically to regulate Gbx2 expression in the anterior hindbrain...
- An FGF signaling loop sustains the generation of differentiated progeny from stem cells in mouse incisorsOphir D Klein
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 2711, USA
Development 135:377-85. 2008..These data reveal that the generation of differentiated progeny from a particular stem cell population can be differently regulated in the embryo and adult...
- Specific regions within the embryonic midbrain and cerebellum require different levels of FGF signaling during developmentM Albert Basson
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, University of California San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Development 135:889-98. 2008..We suggest a molecular explanation for this phenomenon by providing evidence that FGF signaling functions to inhibit the BMP signaling that promotes roof plate development...
- Itch-/- alphabeta and gammadelta T cells independently contribute to autoimmunity in Itchy miceValentino Parravicini
Division of Molecular Immunology, Medical Research Council, National Institute for Medical Research, London, UK
Blood 111:4273-7282. 2008..In addition, disruption of Itch in innate gammadelta T cells can influence autoimmune pathology and might therefore require distinct therapeutic intervention...