Affiliation: King's College London
- Predictors of institutionalisation in people with dementiaS Banerjee
Section of Mental Health and Ageing, Health Services Research Department, The Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 74:1315-6. 2003..To identify what patient and carer characteristics influence transition into residential care for people with dementia...
- Development of a new measure of health-related quality of life for people with dementia: DEMQOLS C Smith
Health Services Research Department, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Psychol Med 37:737-46. 2007....
- Quality of life in dementia: more than just cognition. An analysis of associations with quality of life in dementiaS Banerjee
PO Box 26, Section of Mental Health and Ageing, Health Services Research Department, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London SE5 8AF, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 77:146-8. 2006..To explore the extent to which commonly used measures of specific outcomes in dementia are an appropriate proxy for quality of life in dementia...
- Measurement of health-related quality of life for people with dementia: development of a new instrument (DEMQOL) and an evaluation of current methodologyS C Smith
PO26 Section of Mental Health and Ageing, Health Services Research Department, The Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Health Technol Assess 9:1-93, iii-iv. 2005..To develop and validate a psychometrically rigorous measure of health-related quality of life (HRQoL) for people with dementia: DEMQOL...
- Insight, cognition and quality of life in Alzheimer's diseaseC S Hurt
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Psychology PO77, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 81:331-6. 2010..It remains unclear what impact, if any, impaired insight has upon a patient's HRQL. The present study aimed to investigate the relationship between insight and HRQL in a sample of patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and their carers...
- The use of the SelfCARE(D) as a screening tool for depression in the clients of local authority home care services--a preliminary studyS Banerjee
Section of Old Age Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:695-9. 1998..The performance of the SelfCARE(D), a 12-item self-administered depression rating scale, was tested in this population...
- Prevalence of depressive symptoms and syndromes in later life in ten European countries: the SHARE studyE Castro-Costa
Section of Epidemiology, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 191:393-401. 2007..The EURO-D, a12-item self-report questionnaire for depression, was developed with the aim of facilitating cross-cultural research into late-life depression in Europe...
- The prevalence of Tourette syndrome in 13-14-year-olds in mainstream schoolsH Hornsey
Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 42:1035-9. 2001....
- 'They're all depressed, aren't they?' A qualitative study of social care workers and depression in older adultsN McCrae
Section of Mental Health and Ageing, Health Services Research Department, Institute of Psychiatry, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Aging Ment Health 9:508-16. 2005..While primary care was criticised for not taking depression seriously in older people, mental health services were generally praised. Expansion of social, recreational and psychological interventions was advocated...
- South Asian strokes: lessons from the St Mary's stroke databaseS Banerjee
Department of Neurology, St Mary s Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, W21NY, UK
QJM 103:17-21. 2010..This subgroup is known to have an elevated risk of stroke. However, there is limited data on patterns of cerebrovascular disease and associated risk factors in this population...
- Clinical features and associated psychopathology in a Tourette syndrome cohortV Eapen
National Hospital for Neurology, Queen Square, London, UK
Acta Neurol Scand 109:255-60. 2004..This study explored in detail the association between tic symptomatology, related clinical variables, and psychopathology in 91 consecutive adult TS subjects from a UK clinic...
- Process consultancy can help to improve the quality of mental health services for older peopleB Grey
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:993-6. 2002
- A mini-questionnaire to assess the acceptability of an environmental, unobtrusive, patient-monitoring deviceS Banerjee
J Telemed Telecare 12:50-2. 2006
- Community Psychiatry Clinics at Sundarban: a clinical and cultural experienceA N Chowdhury
Institute of Psychiatry, Diamond Harbour Sudivision, South 24 Parganas District
Indian J Public Health 49:227-30. 2005..Special emphasis was given on common psychiatric disorders...
- Formal and informal care for people with dementia: factors associated with service receiptJ Schneider
Centre for Applied Social Studies, University of Durham, UK
Aging Ment Health 6:255-65. 2002..The odds ratios of receipt of formal services are given, according to where people were living: in the community or residential care, with co-resident carers or alone...
- Reproductive outcomes in women with congenital uterine anomalies detected by three-dimensional ultrasound screeningB Woelfer
Early Pregnancy and Gynaecology Assessment Unit, King's College Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Obstet Gynecol 98:1099-103. 2001..CONCLUSION: This study shows the potential value of three-dimensional ultrasound and confirmed that women with congenital uterine anomalies were more likely to have adverse pregnancy outcomes than women with a normal uterus...
- Prominence of symptoms and level of stigma among depressed patients in CalcuttaA N Chowdhury
Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Calcutta
J Indian Med Assoc 99:20-3. 2001..Culturally distinctive presentations and social contexts of depression and other mental illnesses should be addressed in professional training and public health communications...
- Characterization of mice deficient in interleukin-1 beta converting enzymeP Li
BASF Bioresearch Corporation, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605 4314, USA
J Cell Biochem 64:27-32. 1997..ICE-deficient mice had a major defect in the production of mature IL-1 beta and had impaired IL-1 alpha production on LPS stimulation in vitro and in vivo. ICE-deficient mice were resistant to LPS-induced endotoxic shock...