Affiliation: King's College London
- Internal jugular vein thrombosis after assisted conception therapyR Arya
Department of Haematology, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Br J Haematol 115:153-5. 2001..Thrombophilia screening may be considered for 'high-risk' patients, although current regimes for thromboprophylaxis remain suboptimal...
- How I manage venous thromboembolism in pregnancyRoopen Arya
King s Thrombosis Centre, Department of Haematological Medicine, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Br J Haematol 153:698-708. 2011..Low molecular weight heparin does not cross the placenta and is a safe and effective treatment for the majority of cases of pregnancy-related VTE. This review provides a practical approach to diagnosis and treatment of VTE in pregnancy...
- Long-haul flights and deep vein thrombosis: a significant risk only when additional factors are also presentRoopen Arya
Department of Haematological Medicine, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Br J Haematol 116:653-4. 2002..3 (CI 0.6-2.8). Risk of DVT was only increased in long-haul travellers if one or more additional risk factors were present, with an odds ratio of 3.0 (CI 1.1-8.2). Such individuals may benefit from prophylactic measures to minimize risk...
- Frequency, demographics and risk (according to tumour type or site) of cancer-associated thrombosis among patients seen at outpatient DVT clinicsS Paneesha
Consultant Haematologist, Department of Haematology, Warwick Hospital, Warwick, CV34 5BW, UK
Thromb Haemost 103:338-43. 2010....
- Effects of folic acid supplementation on inflammatory and thrombogenic markers in chronic smokers. A randomised controlled trialArduino A Mangoni
Department of Health Care of the Elderly, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas School of Medicine, King s College Hospital Dulwich, East Dulwich Grove, London SE22 8PT, UK
Thromb Res 110:13-7. 2003..We investigated whether lowering homocysteine by folic acid supplementation might reduce the plasma concentration of inflammatory and thrombogenic markers in chronic smokers...
- Tests for hereditary thrombophilia are of limited value in the black populationRaj K Patel
Stroke 34:e236. 2003
- Acquired factor V inhibitor after haematopoietic stem cell transplantationDragana Milojkovic
Thromb Haemost 98:685-7. 2007
- Extrinsic venous compression: a sufficient explanation for venous thromboembolism due to massive fibroids?Sarah Barsam
Thromb Haemost 96:694-6. 2006
- Ambulatory therapy of patients with free-floating proximal deep vein thrombosis is safeRaj K Patel
Thromb Haemost 94:1343-4. 2005
- Detection of prothrombin gene polymorphism at position 20209 (PT20209C/T): pilot study in a black population in the United KingdomRoopen Arya
Thromb Haemost 93:179-80. 2005
- Coagulation factor levels and venous thrombosis in the black populationRaj K Patel
Thromb Haemost 91:828-30. 2004
- Thrombolysis in pregnancyRak K Patel
Thromb Haemost 90:1216-7. 2003
- Risk factors for venous thrombosis in the black populationRaj K Patel
Department of Haematological Medicine, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, United Kingdom
Thromb Haemost 90:835-8. 2003..1 (95% CI 4.29-29.43). There was evidence for a dose-response relationship. We propose that raised FVIII:C is a major risk factor for VTE in black subjects with prevalence and odds ratio exceeding those reported for white subjects...
- Venous thromboembolism in the black populationRaj K Patel
Department of Haematological Medicine, King's College Hospital, London, England
Arch Intern Med 164:1348-9. 2004