Volker M Arlt
Affiliation: King's College London
- Wohak L, Krais A, Kucab J, Stertmann J, Ã˜vrebÃ¸ S, Seidel A, et al. Carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons induce CYP1A1 in human cells via a p53-dependent mechanism. Arch Toxicol. 2016;90:291-304 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates a new pathway for CYP1A1 induction by environmental PAHs and reveals an emerging role for p53 in xenobiotic metabolism. ..
- Arlt V, Krais A, Godschalk R, Riffo Vasquez Y, Mrízová I, Roufosse C, et al. Pulmonary Inflammation Impacts on CYP1A1-Mediated Respiratory Tract DNA Damage Induced by the Carcinogenic Air Pollutant Benzo[a]pyrene. Toxicol Sci. 2015;146:213-25 pubmed publisher..Cyp1a1 appears to be involved in both BaP bioactivation and detoxification although the contribution of other enzymes to BaP-DNA adduct formation in lung and liver under inflammatory conditions remains to be explored. ..
- Krais A, Speksnijder E, Melis J, Indra R, Moserova M, Godschalk R, et al. The impact of p53 on DNA damage and metabolic activation of the environmental carcinogen benzo[a]pyrene: effects in Trp53(+/+), Trp53(+/-) and Trp53(-/-) mice. Arch Toxicol. 2016;90:839-51 pubmed publisher..However, our results also suggest that the mechanisms involved in the altered expression and activity of the CYP1A1 enzyme by p53 in vitro and in vivo are different. ..
- Arlt V, Meinl W, Florian S, Nagy E, Bárta F, Thomann M, et al. Impact of genetic modulation of SULT1A enzymes on DNA adduct formation by aristolochic acids and 3-nitrobenzanthrone. Arch Toxicol. 2017;91:1957-1975 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that sulfo-conjugation catalysed by human SULT1A1 does not play a role in the activation pathways of AAI and AAII in vivo, but is important in 3-NBA bioactivation. ..
- Reed L, Mrízová I, Bárta F, Indra R, Moserova M, Kopka K, et al. Cytochrome b 5 impacts on cytochrome P450-mediated metabolism of benzo[a]pyrene and its DNA adduct formation: studies in hepatic cytochrome b 5 /P450 reductase null (HBRN) mice. Arch Toxicol. 2018;92:1625-1638 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that POR and cytochrome b 5 both modulate P450-mediated activation of BaP in vitro. However, hepatic P450 enzymes in vivo appear to be more important for BaP detoxification than its activation. ..