- Anaemia and blood transfusion in African children presenting to hospital with severe febrile illnessSarah Kiguli
Kilifi Clinical Trials Facility, KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme, Nairobi, Kenya
BMC Med 13:21. 2015..Severe anaemia in children is a leading cause of hospital admission and a major cause of mortality in sub-Saharan Africa, yet there are limited published data on blood transfusion in this vulnerable group...
- Knowledge of integrated management of childhood illnesses community and family practices (C-IMCI) and association with child undernutrition in Northern Uganda: a cross-sectional studyDavid Mukunya
Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Public Health 14:976. 2014..This study was done to address the prevalence of stunting and wasting and the association with the knowledge and practices of C-IMCI among caretakers in Gulu district, Northern Uganda...
- No difference in sexual behavior of adolescent girls following Human Papilloma Virus vaccination: a case study two districts in Uganda; Nakasongola and LuweroJudith Caroline Aujo
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Makerere University College of Health Sciences, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Public Health 14:155. 2014....
- Exploring mechanisms of excess mortality with early fluid resuscitation: insights from the FEAST trialKathryn Maitland
Wellcome Trust Centre for Clinical Tropical Medicine, Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, St Marys Campus, Norfolk Place, Imperial College, London W2 1PG, UK
BMC Med 11:68. 2013..We hypothesize that boluses may cause excess deaths from neurological or respiratory events relating to fluid overload...
- Situational analysis of teaching and learning of medicine and nursing students at Makerere University College of Health SciencesSarah Kiguli
Makerere University College of Health Sciences, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Int Health Hum Rights 11:S3. 2011..The assessment identifies critical gaps in the core competencies of the MakCHS medicine and nursing and ways to overcome them in order to achieve HSSP goals...
- Zinc adjunct therapy reduces case fatality in severe childhood pneumonia: a randomized double blind placebo-controlled trialMaheswari G Srinivasan
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, School of Medicine, Makerere University, College of Health Sciences, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Med 10:14. 2012..We also studied the effect of zinc adjunct therapy on case fatality of severe childhood pneumonia (as a secondary outcome) in Mulago Hospital, Uganda...
- A qualitative study of caregivers' expectations and communication desires during medical consultation for sick children in UgandaSarah Kiguli
School of Medicine, Makerere University College of Health Sciences, Kampala, Uganda
Patient Educ Couns 84:217-22. 2011..We conducted a qualitative study to compare expectations and communication desires of sick children's caregivers at Mulago Hospital, Uganda, to those of patients in Western countries...