Umesh T Kadam
Affiliation: Keele University
- Transient ischaemic attack in a patient with known temporal arteritis: a case reportUmesh T Kadam
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Keele University Staffordshire ST5 5BG UK
Cases J 2:8542. 2009....
- Leaders, leadership and future primary care clinical researchJohn Furler
Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Fam Pract 9:52. 2008..To meet the increasing demands being made of it, primary care needs its own thriving research culture and knowledge base...
- Risk factors for cardiovascular disease and future osteoarthritis-related arthroplasty: a population-based cohort study in men and women from Malmö, SwedenU T Kadam
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK
Scand J Rheumatol 40:478-85. 2011..To investigate the hypothesis that cardiovascular risk factors increase the likelihood of future osteoarthritis (OA)-related arthroplasty in adult men and women...
- Potential health impacts of multiple drug prescribing for older people: a case-control studyUmesh T Kadam
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Keele University, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, UK
Br J Gen Pract 61:128-30. 2011..The study highlights the potential need for assessing drug prescribing in terms of overall health...
- Does age modify the relationship between morbidity severity and physical health in English and Dutch family practice populations?Umesh T Kadam
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, ST5 5BG, UK
Qual Life Res 18:209-20. 2009..To investigate the co-influences of age and morbidity severity on physical health in adult family practice populations...
- Use of a cross-sectional survey to estimate outcome of health care: the example of anxiety and depressionU T Kadam
Keele University, Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Staffordshire, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 54:1112-9. 2001..This study demonstrates the potential for using cross-sectional population surveys to estimate not only the need for health care but also the outcome of health care...
- Morbidity severity classifying routine consultations from English and Dutch general practice indicated physical health statusU T Kadam
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, England ST5 5BG, United Kingdom
J Clin Epidemiol 61:386-393. 2008..To investigate the construct validity of morbidity severity scales based on routine consultation data by studying their associations with sociodemographic factors and physical health...
- Clinical multimorbidity and physical function in older adults: a record and health status linkage study in general practiceU T Kadam
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK
Fam Pract 24:412-9. 2007..We have investigated whether routinely collected consultation data could be used as the basis for a simple classification of multimorbidity that reflects an individual's overall health status...
- Clinical comorbidity in osteoarthritis: associations with physical function in older patients in family practiceUmesh T Kadam
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, England
J Rheumatol 34:1899-904. 2007..To determine the influence of comorbidity on physical function in osteoarthritis (OA) consulters aged 50 years and over in family practice...
- A comparison of two consensus methods for classifying morbidities in a single professional group showed the same outcomesUmesh T Kadam
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, England ST5 5BG, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 59:1169-73. 2006..To investigate whether consensus differs when reached by the Nominal or the Delphi method...
- Clinical comorbidity was specific to disease pathology, psychologic distress, and somatic symptom amplificationUmesh T Kadam
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK ST5 5BG
J Clin Epidemiol 58:909-17. 2005....
- Clinical comorbidity in patients with osteoarthritis: a case-control study of general practice consulters in England and WalesU T Kadam
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 63:408-14. 2004..To determine patterns of clinical comorbidity in general practice consulters with OA and compare them with comorbidity in consulters without OA...
- Is chronic widespread pain a predictor of all-cause morbidity? A 3 year prospective population based study in family practiceUmesh T Kadam
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
J Rheumatol 32:1341-8. 2005..To investigate whether chronic widespread pain predicts illness seen in general practice in a 3 year followup period...
- Comorbidity Cohort (2C) study: cardiovascular disease severity and comorbid osteoarthritis in primary careJames A Prior
Health Services Research Unit, Innovation Centre 1, Keele University Science and Business Park, Keele University, Staffordshire ST5 5NB, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 12:295. 2012....
- Annual consultation prevalence of regional musculoskeletal problems in primary care: an observational studyKelvin P Jordan
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Keele, Staffs ST55BG UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:144. 2010..The objective was to classify musculoskeletal morbidity codes used in routine primary care by body region, and to determine the annual consultation prevalence of regional musculoskeletal problems...
- Cardiovascular disease and musculoskeletal disorder labels in family practice acted as markers of physical health severityJames A Prior
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 64:547-55. 2011..Family practitioner diagnostic labels applied in consultation provide a signpost for treatment and management. Yet, it is unknown whether each label reflects the health of the respective patient group...
- Measuring disease prevalence: a comparison of musculoskeletal disease using four general practice consultation databasesKelvin Jordan
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Keele
Br J Gen Pract 57:7-14. 2007..Primary care consultation data are an important source of information on morbidity prevalence. It is not known how reliable such figures are...
- The relationship of individual and neighbourhood deprivation with morbidity in older adults: an observational studyKelvin P Jordan
1 Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, UK
Eur J Public Health 24:396-8. 2014..These findings suggest a role of social environment in certain morbidities and indicate the importance of identifying and acting on neighbourhood deprivation to reduce health inequalities...