Affiliation: Keele University
- The functional and psychological impact of hand osteoarthritisSusan Hill
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences Keele University, Keele, Staffs, UK
Chronic Illn 6:101-10. 2010..The objective of the current study was to investigate the impact of functional impairments caused by hand OA on everyday life...
- The illness perceptions associated with health and behavioural outcomes in people with musculoskeletal hand problems: findings from the North Staffordshire Osteoarthritis Project (NorStOP)S Hill
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:944-51. 2007..The objective of the study was to investigate the illness perceptions associated with health and behaviour in a population of older adults with musculoskeletal hand problems...
- Patients' perceptions of the treatment and management of hand osteoarthritis: a focus group enquirySusan Hill
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Keele, Staffs ST5 5BG, UK
Disabil Rehabil 33:1866-72. 2011..There is evidence that appropriate advice and management is sub-optimal. The aim of this study was to explore perceptions and experiences of the treatment and management of hand OA in older adults...
- Coping strategies as predictors of pain and disability in older people in primary care: a longitudinal studyKay Benyon
Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Staffordshire, ST5 5BG, UK
BMC Fam Pract 14:67. 2013..Musculoskeletal pain in older adults is common. It is hypothesised that coping strategies may be predictive of pain intensity and pain-related disability at six months after initial consultation in primary care...
- The North Staffordshire Osteoarthritis Project--NorStOP: prospective, 3-year study of the epidemiology and management of clinical osteoarthritis in a general population of older adultsElaine Thomas
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, North Staffordshire, United Kingdom, ST5 5BG
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 5:2. 2004..We plan a cohort study in the general population aged 50 years and over to determine the course and prognosis of hand, hip, knee and foot pain, and the impact of these syndromes on participation levels and health care use...
- The impact of musculoskeletal hand problems in older adults: findings from the North Staffordshire Osteoarthritis Project (NorStOP)K Dziedzic
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:963-7. 2007..Hand problems are common in older people, but their impact on everyday life is not clear. The aim of this study was to investigate the impact of hand problems in community-dwelling older adults and how this varies with age and gender...
- Self management, joint protection and exercises in hand osteoarthritis: a randomised controlled trial with cost effectiveness analysesKrysia S Dziedzic
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5BG, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:156. 2011..care?• Which of the four management approaches explored within the study (leaflet and advice, joint protection, hand exercise, or joint protection and hand exercise combined) provides the most cost-effective use of health care resources..
- The Australian/Canadian osteoarthritis hand index in a community-dwelling population of older adults: reliability and validityKrysia S Dziedzic
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, North Staffordshire, UK
Arthritis Rheum 57:423-8. 2007..To assess the acceptability and measurement properties of the Australian/Canadian Osteoarthritis Hand Index (AUSCAN) applied to a community-dwelling population of older adults with hand problems...
- Musculoskeletal pain illness perceptions: factor structure of the Illness Perceptions Questionnaire-RevisedElaine E Nicholls
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK
Psychol Health 28:84-102. 2013..The Revised Illness Perceptions Questionnaire (IPQ-R) is commonly used to measure illness perceptions. We tested whether the structure of the IPQ-R was appropriate for use with primary care musculoskeletal pain patients...
- Coping strategies and self-efficacy as predictors of outcome in osteoarthritis: a systematic reviewKay Benyon
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Keele, UK
Musculoskeletal Care 8:224-36. 2010..Systematically to review the literature, investigating the prognostic value of self-efficacy and coping strategies used by adults with osteoarthritis (OA) recruited within the community or primary care...
- Outbreaks of hepatitis A in England and Wales associated with two co-circulating hepatitis A virus strainsSiew Lin Ngui
Virus Reference Department, Health Protection Agency, London, United Kingdom
J Med Virol 80:1181-8. 2008..0001). The association of the outbreaks to two geographically restricted strains implicates two principal transmission pathways associated with injecting behavior. Identifying these routes may be conducive to preventing further outbreaks...
- Microbial investigation of venous leg ulcersR S Howell-Jones
Health Protection Agency Primary Care Unit, Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, Gloucester, UK
J Wound Care 17:353-8. 2008....