Affiliation: Keele University
- Clinical features of symptomatic patellofemoral joint osteoarthritisGeorge Peat
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, UK
Arthritis Res Ther 14:R63. 2012..The objective of this study was to provide empirical evidence of the clinical features of patellofemoral joint OA (PFJOA) and to explore the potential for making a confident clinical diagnosis in the community setting...
- The Knee Clinical Assessment Study--CAS(K). A prospective study of knee pain and knee osteoarthritis in the general populationGeorge Peat
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, North Staffordshire, United Kingdom ST5 5BG
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 5:4. 2004..We plan to conduct a prospective, population-based, observational cohort study to investigate the relative merits of disease-based and regional pain syndrome-based approaches to classification and prognosis of knee pain in older adults...
- The Knee Clinical Assessment Study-CAS(K). A prospective study of knee pain and knee osteoarthritis in the general population: baseline recruitment and retention at 18 monthsGeorge Peat
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, North Staffordshire, ST5 5BG, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 7:30. 2006..We investigated these matters in the context of baseline recruitment and retention at 18 months of participants for a prospective observational cohort study of knee pain and knee osteoarthritis in the general population...
- Gender difference in symptomatic radiographic knee osteoarthritis in the Knee Clinical Assessment--CAS(K): a prospective study in the general populationRosie J Lacey
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:82. 2008..Since this finding contradicts many previous studies, our objective was to explore four possible explanations for this gender difference: X-ray views, selection, occupation and non-articular conditions...
- The Clinical Assessment Study of the Hand (CAS-HA): a prospective study of musculoskeletal hand problems in the general populationHelen Myers
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5BG, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 8:85. 2007....
- Incidence, progression and sequence of development of radiographic knee osteoarthritis in a symptomatic populationR Duncan
Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Keele ST5 5BG, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 70:1944-8. 2011..This study estimates the cumulative incidence, progression and inter-relationship of radiographic changes of OA in the TFJ and the PFJ in symptomatic adults...
- Does isolated patellofemoral osteoarthritis matter?R Duncan
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, UK
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 17:1151-5. 2009..To describe the structure-pain and structure-function associations in isolated patellofemoral osteoarthritis (PF OA)...
- Symptoms and radiographic osteoarthritis: not as discordant as they are made out to be?R Duncan
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 66:86-91. 2007..Joint pain and radiographic osteoarthritis are often discordant...
- How do pain and function vary with compartmental distribution and severity of radiographic knee osteoarthritis?R Duncan
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire ST55BG, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:1704-7. 2008..In radiographic OA (ROA) of the knee, how does radiographic severity and pattern of compartmental involvement influence symptoms?..
- Predicting the course of functional limitation among older adults with knee pain: do local signs, symptoms and radiographs add anything to general indicators?E Thomas
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, North Staffordshire, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1390-8. 2008....
- The contribution of selected non-articular conditions to knee pain severity and associated disability in older adultsL R J Wood
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire, UK
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 16:647-53. 2008..To estimate the contribution of selected non-articular conditions (NACs) to pain severity and functional limitation in community-dwelling older adults with knee pain...
- Knee osteoarthritis in community-dwelling older adults: are there characteristic patterns of pain location?L R J Wood
Keele University, Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele, United Kingdom
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 15:615-23. 2007..To determine whether there are characteristic patterns of pain location associated with knee osteoarthritis (OA) among community-dwelling older adults...
- Clinical classification criteria for knee osteoarthritis: performance in the general population and primary careG Peat
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire ST5 5 BG, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 65:1363-7. 2006..Doubts have been expressed about the performance of the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) clinical classification criteria for osteoarthritis when applied in the general population...
- Psychopathology in people with epilepsy and intellectual disability; an investigation of potential explanatory variablesC A Espie
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Glasgow, Academic Centre, Gartnavel Royal Hospital, 1055 Great Western Road, Glasgow G12 OXH, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 74:1485-92. 2003..The aims of this study, therefore, were to identify reliable, epilepsy-specific predictors of psychiatric and behavioural disorder in these patients, and to investigate reliable predictors of carer stress...
- Predictors of antecedent factors in psychogenic nonepileptic attacks: multivariate analysisR Duncan
Department of Neurology, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, Scotland
Neurology 71:1000-5. 2008..To elucidate the role of antecedent factors in psychogenic nonepileptic attacks (PNEA)...
- Review of patients in general practice with a diagnosis of epilepsy: development of a practice nurse checklist and an assessment of resource implicationsR Duncan
West of Scotland Regional Epilepsy Service, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow
Scott Med J 50:114-7. 2005..SIGN has recommended annual review of all patients with epilepsy. Annual review is rewarded in the new GMS contract. There is no information on how or by whom reviews should be carried out, nor on resource implications for secondary care...
- Outcome after interventional or conservative management of unruptured brain arteriovenous malformations: a prospective, population-based cohort studyCatherine J Wedderburn
Division of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Lancet Neurol 7:223-30. 2008..We aimed to test whether outcome differs between adults who had interventional AVM treatment and those who did not...
- Characterisation and protein expression profiling of annexins in colorectal cancerR Duncan
Department of Pathology, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
Br J Cancer 98:426-33. 2008..In conclusion, this study has shown that individual annexins are present in colorectal cancer, specific annexins are overexpressed in colorectal cancer and the annexin expression profile is associated with survival...
- Congenital talipes equinovarus: a review of current managementA Siapkara
The Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Yorkhill, Glasgow, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 89:995-1000. 2007..Current management is moving away from operative towards a more conservative treatment using the Ponseti regime. The long-term results of surgical correction and the recent results of conservative treatment will be discussed...
- Pseudosleep events in patients with psychogenic non-epileptic seizures: prevalence and associationsR Duncan
West of Scotland Regional Epilepsy Service, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:1009-12. 2004....
- Lack of augmentation of tumor spectrum or severity in dual heterozygous Men1 and Rb1 knockout miceK A Loffler
Cancer and Cell Biology Divison, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Oncogene 26:4009-17. 2007..Together with the lack of increased tumor spectrum, this suggests that menin and pRb function in a common pathway of tumor suppression...
- Gender differences in psychogenic non-epileptic seizuresM Oto
West of Scotland Regional Epilepsy Service, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow G51 4TF, UK
Seizure 14:33-9. 2005....
- Cellular immune response to pulmonary infections in HIV-infected individuals hospitalized with diverse grades of immunosuppressionM J Miguez-Burbano
Division of Disease Prevention, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Epidemiol Infect 134:271-8. 2006..1+/-11.6, P=0.01). Additionally, immune responses associated with respiratory pathogens differed in HIV-infected patients with CD4(+) cells above and below 200 counts...
- Genetic map location of Afr-1: results from four genetic crossesE P Blankenhorn
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 137:264-7. 1988