Affiliation: Institute of Cancer Research
- Rare germ line CHEK2 variants identified in breast cancer families encode proteins that show impaired activationNayanta Sodha
Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 66:8966-70. 2006..In addition, the results imply that these mutations, as well as 1100delC, cannot act in a dominant-negative manner to cause cancer, and tumorigenesis in association with these mutations may be due to haploinsufficiency...
- A robust method for detecting CHK2/RAD53 mutations in genomic DNANayanta Sodha
Royal Marsden NHS Trust, Surrey, UK
Hum Mutat 19:173-7. 2002..To circumvent this problem, we have developed a strategy, based on long-range PCR, to screen the functional copy of CHK2. Using this approach it is possible to carry out a comprehensive mutational analysis of CHK2 from genomic DNA...
- BRCA1/BRCA2 mutation status and analysis of cancer family history in participants of the Royal Marsden Hospital tamoxifen chemoprevention trialZsofia Kote-Jarai
Translational Cancer Genetics Team, Section of Cancer Genetics, The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
Cancer Lett 247:259-65. 2007..03) in the cancers developing in tamoxifen-treated patients. These results suggest that tamoxifen is less likely to be effective at reducing breast cancers which are ER negative and also in some individuals at higher HR...
- Analysis of familial male breast cancer for germline mutations in CHEK2Nayanta Sodha
Royal Marsden NHS Trust, Downs Road, Sutton SM2 5PT, UK
Cancer Lett 215:187-9. 2004..One individual was found to harbour the 1100delC variant. No other mutations were identified. Variants other than 1100delC are rare in male breast cancer...
- CHK2 kinase: cancer susceptibility and cancer therapy - two sides of the same coin?Laurent Antoni
Cancer Research UK Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, Institute of Cancer Research, Haddow Laboratories, 15 Cotswold Road, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5NG, UK
Nat Rev Cancer 7:925-36. 2007....
- Overexpression of RAD51 occurs in aggressive prostatic cancerAnita Mitra
Translational Cancer Genetics Team, Section of Cancer Genetics, The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Histopathology 55:696-704. 2009..To test the hypothesis that, in a matched series of prostatic cancers, either with or without BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations, RAD51 protein expression is enhanced in association with BRCA mutation genotypes...
- Increasing evidence that germline mutations in CHEK2 do not cause Li-Fraumeni syndromeNayanta Sodha
Hum Mutat 20:460-2. 2002
- Low-penetrance susceptibility to breast cancer due to CHEK2(*)1100delC in noncarriers of BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutationsHanne Meijers-Heijboer
Department of Clinical Genetics, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Genet 31:55-9. 2002....
- A multicenter study of cancer incidence in CHEK2 1100delC mutation carriersDeborah Thompson
Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Strangeways Research Laboratories, University of Cambridge, Worts Causeway, Cambridge, CB1 8RN, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:2542-5. 2006..Our results suggest that the risk of cancer associated with CHEK2 1100delC mutations is restricted to breast cancer, although we cannot rule out a small increase in overall cancer risk...
- Li-Fraumeni and related syndromes: correlation between tumor type, family structure, and TP53 genotypeMagali Olivier
IARC, Lyon, Cedex 8, France
Cancer Res 63:6643-50. 2003..004). These observations have clinical implications for genetic testing and tumor surveillance in LFS/LFL families...