Christopher J Lord
Affiliation: Institute of Cancer Research
- Menon M, Elliott R, Bowers L, Balan N, Rafiq R, Costa Cabral S, et al. A novel tankyrase inhibitor, MSC2504877, enhances the effects of clinical CDK4/6 inhibitors. Sci Rep. 2019;9:201 pubmed publisher..However, the presence of an oncogenic Kras p.G12D mutation in mice reversed the effects of the MSC2504877/palbociclib combination, suggesting one molecular route that could lead to drug resistance. ..
- Ryan C, Bajrami I, Lord C. Synthetic Lethality and Cancer - Penetrance as the Major Barrier. Trends Cancer. 2018;4:671-683 pubmed publisher..We outline strategies for identifying and prioritising SLIs that are most likely to be highly penetrant. ..
- Lord C, Iorns E, Ashworth A. Dissecting resistance to endocrine therapy in breast cancer. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:1895-8 pubmed..The results of a high-throughput RNA interference screen identifying novel determinants of tamoxifen resistance support this conjecture and demonstrate that such approaches can identify clinically relevant genes, such as CDK10. ..
- Ashworth A, Lord C. Synthetic lethal therapies for cancer: what's next after PARP inhibitors?. Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2018;15:564-576 pubmed publisher..Finally, we make suggestions on possible future directions and challenges facing researchers in this field. ..
- Holme H, Gulati A, Brough R, Fleuren E, Bajrami I, Campbell J, et al. Chemosensitivity profiling of osteosarcoma tumour cell lines identifies a model of BRCAness. Sci Rep. 2018;8:10614 pubmed publisher..The drug sensitivity dataset we generated in 88 TCLs could also serve as a resource for the study of drug sensitivity effects in OS. ..
- Brough R, Gulati A, Haider S, Kumar R, Campbell J, Knudsen E, et al. Identification of highly penetrant Rb-related synthetic lethal interactions in triple negative breast cancer. Oncogene. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Transcript expression of SKP2, a SCFSKP component, was elevated in RB1-defective TNBCs, suggesting that in these tumours, SKP2 activity might buffer the effects of RB1 dysfunction. ..
- Dréan A, Lord C, Ashworth A. PARP inhibitor combination therapy. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016;108:73-85 pubmed publisher..Here, we summarise both the pre-clinical and clinical evidence for the utility of such combinations and discuss the future prospects and challenges for PARP inhibitor combinatorial therapies. ..
- Krastev D, Pettitt S, Campbell J, Song F, Tanos B, Stoynov S, et al. Coupling bimolecular PARylation biosensors with genetic screens to identify PARylation targets. Nat Commun. 2018;9:2016 pubmed publisher..This identifies CTIF (CBP80/CBP20-dependent translation initiation factor) as a novel PARylation target of the tankyrase enzymes in the centrosomal region of cells, which plays a role in the distribution of the centrosomal satellites. ..
- Rovillain E, Mansfield L, Lord C, Ashworth A, Jat P. An RNA interference screen for identifying downstream effectors of the p53 and pRB tumour suppressor pathways involved in senescence. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:355 pubmed publisher..Future studies will focus on determining on how many of the other primary hits also have a casual role in senescence and what is the mechanism of action. ..
- Lord C, Ashworth A. The DNA damage response and cancer therapy. Nature. 2012;481:287-94 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of the cellular response to DNA damage will not only inform our knowledge of cancer development but also help to refine the classification as well as the treatment of the disease. ..