Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institute for Animal Health
- Characterizing the interactions between the two subunits of the p101/p110gamma phosphoinositide 3-kinase and their role in the activation of this enzyme by G beta gamma subunitsS Krugmann
Signalling Programme, The Babraham Institute, Babraham, Cambridge CB2 4AT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 274:17152-8. 1999..While modifications of the N terminus of p110gamma could modulate its intrinsic catalytic activity, binding to the N-terminal region of p101 was found to be indispensable for activation of heterodimers with Gbetagamma...
- ARAP3 is a PI3K- and rap-regulated GAP for RhoASonja Krugmann
Inositide Laboratory, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge CB2 4AT, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 14:1380-4. 2004..Our results indicate that ARAP3 is a Rap-effector that plays an important role in mediating PI3K-dependent crosstalk between Ras, Rho, and Arf family small GTPases...
- ARAP3 is essential for formation of lamellipodia after growth factor stimulationSonja Krugmann
The Inositide Laboratory, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge, CB2 4AT, UK
J Cell Sci 119:425-32. 2006..We conclude that ARAP3 recruitment to sites of elevated PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3) is crucial to allow localised inactivation of RhoA and cycling of Arf6, both of which are necessary to allow growth factor-stimulated formation of lamellipodia...
- Identification of ARAP3, a novel PI3K effector regulating both Arf and Rho GTPases, by selective capture on phosphoinositide affinity matricesS Krugmann
Inositide Laboratory, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge, CB2 4AT, United Kingdom
Mol Cell 9:95-108. 2002....
- Purification of ARAP3 and characterization of GAP activitiesSonja Krugmann
Inositide Laboratory, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge, UK
Methods Enzymol 406:91-103. 2006..This overexpression phenotype depends on ARAP3's intact abilities to bind PtdIns(3,4,5)P3, to interact with Rap-GTP, and to be a catalytically active RhoA and Arf6 GAP...
- Regulation of P-Rex1 by phosphatidylinositol (3,4,5)-trisphosphate and Gbetagamma subunitsKirsti Hill
Inositide Laboratory, The Babraham Institute, Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge CB2 4AT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 280:4166-73. 2005....
- The PI3K effector Arap3 interacts with the PI(3,4,5)P3 phosphatase SHIP2 in a SAM domain-dependent mannerJudith H Raaijmakers
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Centre of Biomedical Genetics, UMC Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cell Signal 19:1249-57. 2007..Since it was shown previously that Arap3 has a higher affinity for PI(3,4,5,)P3 than for PI(3,4)P2, we propose that the SAM domain of Arap3 can function to recruit a negative regulator of PI3K signaling into the effector complex...
- Mechanism of the regulation of type IB phosphoinositide 3OH-kinase byG-protein betagamma subunitsSonja Krugmann
Signalling Programme, The Babraham Institute, Babraham, Cambridge CB2 4AT, U K
Biochem J 362:725-31. 2002..We conclude that Gbetagammas activate type IB PI3K by a mechanism other than translocation to the plasma membrane...
- P-Rex2, a new guanine-nucleotide exchange factor for RacSarah Donald
Signalling Programme, Inositide Laboratory, The Babraham Institute, Babraham, Cambridge CB2 4AT, UK
FEBS Lett 572:172-6. 2004..Together, they form an enzyme family capable of mediating Rac signalling downstream of G protein-coupled receptors and phosphoinositide 3-kinase...
- Sphingosine kinase 1 is an intracellular effector of phosphatidic acidChristine Delon
Department of Signalling, Babraham Institute, Cambridge CB2 4AT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:44763-74. 2004..The SK1-PA interaction maps to the C terminus of SK1 and is independent of catalytic activity or of the diacylglycerol kinase-like domain of the enzyme. Thus SK1 constitutes a novel, physiologically relevant PA effector...