Affiliation: Institute for Animal Health
- Introgression mapping in the grassesJulie King
Molecular and Applied Genetics Team, Institute of Grassland and Environmental Research, Plas Gogerddan, Aberystwyth, SY23 3EB, Wales, UK
Chromosome Res 15:105-13. 2007....
- Comparative analyses between lolium/festuca introgression lines and rice reveal the major fraction of functionally annotated gene models is located in recombination-poor/very recombination-poor regions of the genomeJulie King
Plant Genetics and Breeding Department, Institute of Grassland and Environmental Research, Aberystwyth, SY23 3EB, United Kingdom
Genetics 177:597-606. 2007..In addition our findings raise the possibility of the evolutionary development of large supergene complexes that confer a selective advantage to the individual...
- Development of a genomic microsatellite library in perennial ryegrass (Lolium perenne) and its use in trait mappingJ King
Institute of Grassland and Environmental Research, Plas Gogerddan, Aberystwyth, SY23 3EB, UK
Ann Bot 101:845-53. 2008..perenne to increase the number of genetic markers available for both marker-assisted selection in breeding programmes and gene isolation...
- Rice pseudomolecule-anchored cross-species DNA sequence alignments indicate regional genomic variation in expressed sequence conservationIan Armstead
Institute of Grassland and Environmental Research, Plas Gogerddan, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3EB, UK
BMC Genomics 8:283. 2007..Here, we present a sequence similarity analysis based upon comparison of transcript-assembly and methylation-filtered databases from five plant species and physically anchored rice coding sequences...
- Alien introgression in the grasses Lolium perenne (perennial ryegrass) and Festuca pratensis (meadow fescue): the development of seven monosomic substitution lines and their molecular and cytological characterizationJohn Harper
Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences, Aberystwyth University, Gogerddan, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, UK
Ann Bot 107:1313-21. 2011..However, the realization of the full potential of chromosome engineering has previously been hampered by the inability to identify and characterize interspecific introgressions accurately...