Affiliation: Institute for Animal Health
- Purification and kinetic studies of recombinant gibberellin dioxygenasesDiane R Lester
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology, Uppsala University, 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Plant Biol 5:19. 2005..The activity of recombinant GA 2ODDs from many species has been characterised in detail, however little information relates to enzyme purification. Native GA 2ODDs displayed lability during purification...
- Manipulation of hormone biosynthetic genes in transgenic plantsP Hedden
Department of Agricultural Sciences, IACR Long Ashton Research Station, University of Bristol, Long Ashton, UK
Curr Opin Biotechnol 11:130-7. 2000..Furthermore, this technology is providing the means to introduce agriculturally useful traits into crops...
- Gibberellin metabolism: new insights revealed by the genesP Hedden
Crop Production and Improvement Dept, IACR Long Ashton Research Station, University of Bristol Dept of Agricultural Sciences, Long Ashton, Bristol, UK BS41 9AF
Trends Plant Sci 5:523-30. 2000..A future challenge will be to dissect the complex, interacting pathways that mediate the regulation of gibberellin metabolism...
- The genes of the Green RevolutionPeter Hedden
Long Ashton Research Station, Department of Agricultural Sciences, University of Bristol, Long Ashton, BS41 9AF, Bristol, UK
Trends Genet 19:5-9. 2003..We knew that the wheat Rht genes encode growth repressors that are normally suppressed by GA, and recent work shows that the rice sd1 gene encodes a defective enzyme in the GA-biosynthetic pathway...
- Function and substrate specificity of the gibberellin 3beta-hydroxylase encoded by the Arabidopsis GA4 geneJ Williams
IACR Long Ashton Research Station, Department of Agricultural Sciences, University of Bristol, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9AF, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 117:559-63. 1998..In contrast to the free acid, GA25 19,20-anhydride was 3beta-hydroxylated to give GA13. 2,3-Didehydro-GA9 and GA5 were converted by recombinant GA4 to the corresponding epoxides 2, 3-oxido-GA9 and GA6...
- Molecular cloning and functional expression of gibberellin 2- oxidases, multifunctional enzymes involved in gibberellin deactivationS G Thomas
Institute of Arable Crops Research IACR Long Ashton Research Station, Department of Agricultural Sciences, University of Bristol, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9AF, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:4698-703. 1999..These mechanisms would serve to maintain the concentrations of biologically active GAs in plant tissues...
- Isolation and expression of three gibberellin 20-oxidase cDNA clones from ArabidopsisA L Phillips
IACR Long Ashton Research Station, Department of Agricultural Sciences, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 108:1049-57. 1995....
- The rice YABBY1 gene is involved in the feedback regulation of gibberellin metabolismMingqiu Dai
National Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Improvement, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, China
Plant Physiol 144:121-33. 2007..Finally, either overexpression or cosuppression of YAB1 impaired GA-mediated repression of GA3ox2. These data together suggest that YAB1 is involved in the feedback regulation of GA biosynthesis in rice...
- Function and transcript analysis of gibberellin-biosynthetic enzymes in wheatNigel E J Appleford
Rothamsted Research, AL5 2JN Harpenden, Herts, UK
Planta 223:568-82. 2006..In contrast to TaGA20ox1, TaGA3ox2 is expressed in internodes, as well as nodes and the ear of the elongating stem. It is also highly expressed in developing and germinated embryos...
- Transgenic barley grain overexpressing thioredoxin shows evidence that the starchy endosperm communicates with the embryo and the aleuroneJoshua H Wong
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, 111 Koshland Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:16325-30. 2002....
- Characterization of the final two genes of the gibberellin biosynthesis gene cluster of Gibberella fujikuroi: des and P450-3 encode GA4 desaturase and the 13-hydroxylase, respectivelyBettina Tudzynski
Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Institut fur Botanik, Schlobetagarten 3, D 48149 Munster, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:28635-43. 2003..In common with the other five GA biosynthesis genes, expression of the desaturase gene is repressed by high amounts of nitrogen in the culture medium, whereas P450-3 is the only gene in the cluster not repressed by nitrogen...
- Reciprocal influence of ethylene and gibberellins on response-gene expression in Arabidopsis thalianaLiesbeth De Grauwe
Unit Plant Hormone Signalling and Bio imaging, Department of Molecular Genetics, Ghent University, K L Ledeganckstraat 35, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Planta 226:485-98. 2007..In this paper, we present a number of genes with an altered response-pattern as a direct consequence of cross-talk between ethylene and GA...
- New frontiers in plant development: from genes to phenotypePeter Hedden
IACR-Long Ashton Research Station, Dept of Agricultural Sciences, University of Bristol, Long Ashton, Bristol, UK
Trends Plant Sci 7:381-3. 2002
- The plant stress hormone ethylene controls floral transition via DELLA-dependent regulation of floral meristem-identity genesPatrick Achard
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, John Innes Centre, Norwich NR4 7UJ, UK
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:6484-9. 2007..Our findings establish a link between the CTR1/EIN3-dependent ethylene and GA-DELLA signaling pathways that enables adaptively significant regulation of plant life cycle progression in response to environmental adversity...
- Decreased shoot stature and grain alpha-amylase activity following ectopic expression of a gibberellin 2-oxidase gene in transgenic wheatNigel E J Appleford
Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, AL5 2JQ, United Kingdom
J Exp Bot 58:3213-26. 2007..The marked decline in transcript abundance of both alpha-amylase gene families in aleurone was associated with a decreased content of bioactive GAs in grains of the semi-dwarf lines...
- Influence of electron transport proteins on the reactions catalyzed by Fusarium fujikuroi gibberellin monooxygenasesClaudia Troncoso
Laboratorio de Bioorgánica, Departamento de Quimica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Chile, Casilla 653, Santiago, Chile
Phytochemistry 69:672-83. 2008..Thus these partially oxidized GAs correspond to intermediates of the sequential oxidation of C-20 catalyzed by P450-2...
- The gibberellin biosynthetic genes AtGA20ox1 and AtGA20ox2 act, partially redundantly, to promote growth and development throughout the Arabidopsis life cycleIvo Rieu
Plant Science Department, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire AL5 2JQ, UK
Plant J 53:488-504. 2008..In addition, the effects of the mutations are mitigated by the homeostatic mechanism that acts on expression of other GA dioxygenase and GID1 receptor genes...
- Reduced gibberellin response affects ethylene biosynthesis and responsiveness in the Arabidopsis gai eto2-1 double mutantLiesbeth De Grauwe
Unit Plant Hormone Signaling and Bio Imaging, Department of Molecular Genetics, Ghent University, K L Ledeganckstraat 35, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
New Phytol 177:128-41. 2008....
- Ethylene-induced Arabidopsis hypocotyl elongation is dependent on but not mediated by gibberellinsFilip Vandenbussche
Unit of Plant Hormone Signaling and Bio imaging, Department of Molecular Genetics, Ghent University, Ledeganckstraat 35, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Exp Bot 58:4269-81. 2007....
- Root growth in Arabidopsis requires gibberellin/DELLA signalling in the endodermisSusana Ubeda-Tomas
Centre for Plant Integrative Biology, University of Nottingham, Loughborough, LE12 5RD, UK
Nat Cell Biol 10:625-8. 2008..Our results demonstrate that the endodermis represents the primary GA-responsive tissue regulating organ growth and that endodermal cell expansion is rate-limiting for elongation of other tissues and therefore of the root as a whole...
- Genetic characterization and functional analysis of the GID1 gibberellin receptors in ArabidopsisJayne Griffiths
Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, AL5 2JQ, United Kingdom
Plant Cell 18:3399-414. 2006..Furthermore, yeast three-hybrid assays showed that the GA-GID1 complex promotes the interaction between RGA and the F-box protein SLY1, a component of the SCF(SLY1) E3 ubiquitin ligase that targets the DELLA protein for degradation...
- Transcriptional regulation of gibberellin metabolism genes by auxin signaling in ArabidopsisMartín Frigerio
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Plantas, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 46022 Valencia, Spain
Plant Physiol 142:553-63. 2006....
- Overexpression of a bacterial 1-deoxy-D-xylulose 5-phosphate synthase gene in potato tubers perturbs the isoprenoid metabolic network: implications for the control of the tuber life cycleWayne L Morris
Quality, Health and Nutrition, Scottish Crop Research Institute, Invergowrie, Dundee DD2 5DA, UK
J Exp Bot 57:3007-18. 2006..Additionally, compared with controls, in some dxs-expressing lines, tuber carotenoid content increased approximately 2-fold, with most of the increase accounted for by a 6-7-fold increase in phytoene...
- Constructing dwarf ricePeter Hedden
Nat Biotechnol 21:873-4. 2003
- The NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductase gene from Gibberella fujikuroi is essential for gibberellin biosynthesisStefan Malonek
, Schlossgarten 3, , Germany
J Biol Chem 279:25075-84. 2004..In addition, expression of cpr-Gf is induced by benzoate. These results indicate that CPR-Gf is the main but not the only electron donor for several P450 monooxygenases from primary and secondary metabolism...
- Kaurenolides and fujenoic acids are side products of the gibberellin P450-1 monooxygenase in Gibberella fujikuroiM Cecilia Rojas
Departamento de Quimica, Laboratorio de Bioorgánica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Chile, Casilla 653, Santiago, Chile
Phytochemistry 65:821-30. 2004..fujikuroi and are thus side products that probably result from stabilization of radical intermediates involved in GA14 synthesis...
- The auxin transport inhibitor response 3 (tir3) allele of BIG and auxin transport inhibitors affect the gibberellin status of ArabidopsisIsabel Desgagné-Penix
Biology Department, University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78249, USA
Plant J 41:231-42. 2005....
- Distribution of gibberellin biosynthetic genes and gibberellin production in the Gibberella fujikuroi species complexStefan Malonek
, , Schlossgarten 3, , Germany
Phytochemistry 66:1296-311. 2005..The molecular phylogenetic studies for both genes have revealed good agreement with phylogenetic trees inferred from other genes. Furthermore, we discuss the role and evolutionary origin of the GA biosynthetic gene cluster...
- KNOX action in Arabidopsis is mediated by coordinate regulation of cytokinin and gibberellin activitiesSophie Jasinski
Plant Sciences Department, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3RB, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 15:1560-5. 2005..We propose that KNOX proteins may act as general orchestrators of growth-regulator homeostasis at the shoot apex of Arabidopsis by simultaneously activating CK and repressing GA biosynthesis, thus promoting meristem activity...
- The gibberellin pathway mediates KNOTTED1-type homeobox function in plants with different body plansAngela Hay
Plant and Microbial Biology Department, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Curr Biol 12:1557-65. 2002..Transfer of the KNOX/GA regulatory module from the meristem to the leaf may have contributed to the generation of the diverse leaf morphologies observed in higher plants...
- Gibberellins are involved in nodulation of Sesbania rostrataSam Lievens
Department of Plant Systems Biology, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Ghent University, B 9052 Gent, Belgium
Plant Physiol 139:1366-79. 2005..Moreover, GAs inhibited the root hair curling process. These results show that GAs are Nod factor downstream signals for nodulation in hydroponic growth...
- Long-term submergence-induced elongation in Rumex palustris requires abscisic acid-dependent biosynthesis of gibberellin1Joris J Benschop
Plant Ecophysiology, Institute of Environmental Biology, Utrecht University, Utrecht, Sorbonnelaan 16, 3584 CA, The Netherlands
Plant Physiol 141:1644-52. 2006..Exogenous abscisic acid repressed the transcript levels of RpGA20ox1 and RpGA3ox1 and thus inhibited the submergence-induced increase in GA1. Abscisic acid had no effect on the tissue responsiveness to GA...
- Isolation and characterization of the gibberellin biosynthetic gene cluster in Sphaceloma manihoticolaChristiane Bömke
Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Institut fur Botanik, Schlossgarten 3, 48149 Munster, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:5325-39. 2008..The close similarity between the two GA gene clusters, the identical gene functions, and the conserved intron positions suggest a common evolutionary origin despite the distant relatedness of the two fungi...