Linda J Harvey
Affiliation: Institute for Animal Health
- Copper absorption from foods labelled intrinsically and extrinsically with Cu-65 stable isotopeL J Harvey
Nutrition Division, Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:363-8. 2005..To determine copper absorption from copper containing foods labelled either intrinsically or extrinsically with a highly enriched Cu-65 stable isotope label...
- Impact of menstrual blood loss and diet on iron deficiency among women in the UKLinda J Harvey
Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UA, UK
Br J Nutr 94:557-64. 2005..Identifying individuals with high menstrual losses should be a key component of strategies to prevent Fe deficiency...
- Effect of high-dose iron supplements on fractional zinc absorption and status in pregnant womenLinda J Harvey
Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 85:131-6. 2007..Iron supplements are commonly advocated as a prophylactic treatment and are generally taken with meals to reduce side effects, but iron can interfere with the absorption of zinc...
- Adaptive responses in men fed low- and high-copper dietsLinda J Harvey
Nutrition and Consumer Science Division, Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UA, UK
Br J Nutr 90:161-8. 2003..46 mg/d). No biochemical changes resulting from the dietary intervention were observed. Cu homeostasis was maintained over a wide range of intake and more rapidly at the lower intake, mainly through changes in endogenous excretion...
- Serum prohepcidin concentration: no association with iron absorption in healthy men; and no relationship with iron status in men carrying HFE mutations, hereditary haemochromatosis patients undergoing phlebotomy treatment, or pregnant womenMark A Roe
Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, UK
Br J Nutr 97:544-9. 2007..Serum prohepcidin is not a useful biomarker for clinical or research purposes...
- EURRECA-Estimating Selenium Requirements for Deriving Dietary Reference ValuesRachel Hurst
a Department of Nutrition, Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7TJ, UK
Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 53:1077-96. 2013..The main research outputs for selenium and future research priorities are discussed further in this review. ..
- Use of mathematical modeling to study copper metabolism in humansLinda J Harvey
Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 81:807-13. 2005..An improved understanding of copper metabolism is needed to derive more precise estimates of dietary requirements...
- Holmium as a faecal marker for copper absorption studies in adultsLinda J Harvey
Nutrition and Consumer Science Division, Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UA, U K
Clin Sci (Lond) 102:233-40. 2002..After correcting for re-excreted copper label, the labelled copper and holmium had similar excretory profiles. It was concluded that holmium is a valid faecal marker in adult human copper absorption studies using stable isotopes...
- Lateral diffusion in planar lipid bilayers: a fluorescence recovery after photobleaching investigation of its modulation by lipid composition, cholesterol, or alamethicin content and divalent cationsS Ladha
Institute of Food Research, Norwich, England
Biophys J 71:1364-73. 1996....
- The absorption of iron from whole diets: a systematic reviewRachel Collings
Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 98:65-81. 2013..Absorption factors are required to convert physiologic requirements for iron into Dietary Reference Values, but the absorption from single meals cannot be used to estimate dietary iron absorption...
- EURRECA-Estimating Iron Requirements for Deriving Dietary Reference ValuesLinda J Harvey
a Norwich Medical School, Norwich Research Park, University of East Anglia, Norwich, United Kingdom
Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 53:1064-76. 2013..It will also be essential to include information on polymorphisms that potentially influence iron absorption and status in the derivation process. ..
- Multivariate techniques and their application in nutrition: a metabolomics case studyE Katherine Kemsley
Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich, UK
Br J Nutr 98:1-14. 2007....
- Biomarkers of copper status: a brief updateLinda J Harvey
School of Medicine, Health Policy and Practice, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, United Kingdom
Br J Nutr 99:S10-3. 2008..A combination of these technologies in conjunction with a range of innovative metal detection techniques is essential if the search for robust copper biomarkers is to be successful...