Elizabeth J Folkerd
Affiliation: Institute of Cancer Research
- Suppression of plasma estrogen levels by letrozole and anastrozole is related to body mass index in patients with breast cancerElizabeth J Folkerd
Royal Marsden Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 30:2977-80. 2012....
- Sex steroids, growth factors and mammographic density: a cross-sectional study of UK postmenopausal Caucasian and Afro-Caribbean womenValerie A McCormack
Cancer Research UK Epidemiology and Genetics Group, Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Breast Cancer Res 11:R38. 2009..If such a hormonal basis of mammographic density exists, hormones may underlie ethnic differences in both mammographic density and breast cancer incidence rates...
- The relationship between factors affecting endogenous oestradiol levels in postmenopausal women and breast cancerElizabeth J Folkerd
Academic Department of Biochemistry, Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JJ, UK
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 102:250-5. 2006..This review summarises the impact of lifestyle such as body mass index, together with the role of genetic polymorphisms placed within the context of designing future epidemiological studies and breast cancer risk algorithms...
- Influence of sex hormones on cancer progressionElizabeth J Folkerd
The Academic Department of Biochemistry, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Fulham Rd, London, SW3 6JJ, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 28:4038-44. 2010..The involvement of steroids in the progression of cancer in hormone-sensitive tissues is well established and an important target for therapy...
- Relationship between plasma estradiol levels and estrogen-responsive gene expression in estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer in postmenopausal womenAnita K Dunbier
Academic Department of Biochemistry, Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Rd, London, SW3 6JJ, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 28:1161-7. 2010..The AvERG is a new experimental tool for the study of putative estrogenic stimuli of breast cancer...
- Influences on circulating oestrogens in postmenopausal women: relationship with breast cancerAnne Kendall
Academic Department of Biochemistry, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JJ, United Kingdom
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 103:99-109. 2007..The role of genetic polymorphisms is also discussed, and all are placed within the context of designing future epidemiological studies and breast cancer risk algorithms...
- Effect of delays in processing blood samples on measured endogenous plasma sex hormone levels in womenMichael E Jones
Section of Epidemiology, The Institute of Cancer Research, Sir Richard Doll Building, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:1136-9. 2007..Similar changes are likely when samples are delayed in transit, and evidence of etiology may be obscured unless study designs or analyses take into account processing delays...
- Endogenous sex hormones, breast cancer risk, and tamoxifen response: an ancillary study in the NSABP Breast Cancer Prevention Trial (P-1)Mary S Beattie
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:110-5. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine whether sex hormone levels were associated with breast cancer risk and with response to tamoxifen in a high-risk population...