Conor Kevin Farren
Affiliation: Institute of Psychiatry
- Prognostic factors of 2-year outcomes of patients with comorbid bipolar disorder or depression with alcohol dependence: importance of early abstinenceConor K Farren
Department of Psychiatry, Trinity College Dublin, St Patrick s University Hospital, James Street, Dublin 8, Ireland
Alcohol Alcohol 48:93-8. 2013..To investigate the prognostic factors that determine 2-year outcomes in a group of alcohol-dependent patients with depression or bipolar disorder who were treated in an intensive 4-week inpatient programme...
- Bipolar disorder and alcohol use disorder: a reviewConor K Farren
Trinity College Dublin, St Patrick s University Hospital, James Street, Dublin 8, Ireland
Curr Psychiatry Rep 14:659-66. 2012..The future development of novel therapies relies upon increased psychiatric and medical awareness of the co-morbidity, and further research into novel therapies for the comorbid group...
- Treatment response of bipolar and unipolar alcoholics to an inpatient dual diagnosis programConor Kevin Farren
Trinity College Dublin, Department of Psychiatry, St Patrick s Hospital, James Street, Dublin 8, Ireland
J Affect Disord 106:265-72. 2008..Depressed and bipolar alcoholics represent a significant affective subgroup that has a poorer prognosis than either diagnosis alone. To date few systematic treatment programs have been developed to treat dual diagnosis...
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled study of sertraline with naltrexone for alcohol dependenceConor K Farren
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Substance Abuse Treatment Unit, 1 Long Wharf, New Haven, CT 06419, United States
Drug Alcohol Depend 99:317-21. 2009..This double-blind placebo-controlled study examined whether the efficacy of naltrexone would be augmented by concurrent treatment with sertraline, a selective serotonin receptor uptake inhibitor (SSRI)...
- Predictive factors for relapse after an integrated inpatient treatment programme for unipolar depressed and bipolar alcoholicsConor K Farren
Department of Psychiatry, St Patrick s Hospital and Trinity College Dublin, James Street, Dublin 8, Ireland
Alcohol Alcohol 45:527-33. 2010..The aim of this study was to examine prospectively examined predictors of relapse in alcohol dependence with comorbid affective disorder...
- Gender differences in outcome at 2-year follow-up of treated bipolar and depressed alcoholicsConor K Farren
Department of Addiction Psychiatry, Trinity College Dublin, St Patrick s University Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 72:872-80. 2011..We wished to study if the impact of effective inpatient integrated treatment for these co-occurring disorders was maintained 2 years after discharge from the hospital...