Conor Kevin Farren
Affiliation: Institute of Psychiatry
- Prognostic factors of 2-year outcomes of patients with comorbid bipolar disorder or depression with alcohol dependence: importance of early abstinenceConor K Farren
Department of Psychiatry, Trinity College Dublin, St Patrick s University Hospital, James Street, Dublin 8, Ireland
Alcohol Alcohol 48:93-8. 2013..To investigate the prognostic factors that determine 2-year outcomes in a group of alcohol-dependent patients with depression or bipolar disorder who were treated in an intensive 4-week inpatient programme...
- Bipolar disorder and alcohol use disorder: a reviewConor K Farren
Trinity College Dublin, St Patrick s University Hospital, James Street, Dublin 8, Ireland
Curr Psychiatry Rep 14:659-66. 2012..The future development of novel therapies relies upon increased psychiatric and medical awareness of the co-morbidity, and further research into novel therapies for the comorbid group...
- Treatment response of bipolar and unipolar alcoholics to an inpatient dual diagnosis programConor Kevin Farren
Trinity College Dublin, Department of Psychiatry, St Patrick s Hospital, James Street, Dublin 8, Ireland
J Affect Disord 106:265-72. 2008..Depressed and bipolar alcoholics represent a significant affective subgroup that has a poorer prognosis than either diagnosis alone. To date few systematic treatment programs have been developed to treat dual diagnosis...
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled study of sertraline with naltrexone for alcohol dependenceConor K Farren
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Substance Abuse Treatment Unit, 1 Long Wharf, New Haven, CT 06419, United States
Drug Alcohol Depend 99:317-21. 2009..This double-blind placebo-controlled study examined whether the efficacy of naltrexone would be augmented by concurrent treatment with sertraline, a selective serotonin receptor uptake inhibitor (SSRI)...
- Predictive factors for relapse after an integrated inpatient treatment programme for unipolar depressed and bipolar alcoholicsConor K Farren
Department of Psychiatry, St Patrick s Hospital and Trinity College Dublin, James Street, Dublin 8, Ireland
Alcohol Alcohol 45:527-33. 2010..The aim of this study was to examine prospectively examined predictors of relapse in alcohol dependence with comorbid affective disorder...
- Gender differences in outcome at 2-year follow-up of treated bipolar and depressed alcoholicsConor K Farren
Department of Addiction Psychiatry, Trinity College Dublin, St Patrick s University Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 72:872-80. 2011..We wished to study if the impact of effective inpatient integrated treatment for these co-occurring disorders was maintained 2 years after discharge from the hospital...
- Perception of patients with alcohol use disorder and comorbid depression about the usefulness of supportive text messagesVincent Israel Opoku Agyapong
Department of Psychiatry, University of Dublin, Trinity College Dublin, St Patrick s University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Technol Health Care 21:31-9. 2013..Very little is known about the perception of patients with alcohol use disorder (AUD) and comorbid depression about the usefulness of supportive text messages...