Affiliation: Institute for Animal Health
- Social controls on cell proliferation in plantsJ Doonan
John Innes Centre, Colney, NR4 7UH, Norwich, UK
Curr Opin Plant Biol 3:482-7. 2000..Ectopic expression of developmental and cell-cycle regulators has indicated how growth rate is controlled at the molecular level in meristems and lateral organs...
- Functional evolution of cyclin-dependent kinasesJohn H Doonan
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, John Innes Centre, Norwich, NR4 7UH, UK
Mol Biotechnol 42:14-29. 2009..Finally, based on the available information of CDK function, we propose an alternative evolutionary scenario for the CDK gene family...
- Walls around tumours - why plants do not develop cancerJohn H Doonan
John Innes Centre, Conley Lane, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Nat Rev Cancer 10:794-802. 2010..We argue that fundamental differences between plant and animal development make it much more difficult for individual plant cells to escape communal controls...
- Conserved and novel regulators of the plant cell cycleJ Doonan
John Innes Centre, Norwich, UK
Curr Opin Cell Biol 9:824-30. 1997..Current research suggests that MYB-related transcription factors may be responsible for this restriction. Cdk-interacting proteins, such as cdk inhibitors and suc1 homologues, have been isolated using yeast two-hybrid approaches...
- P34(cdc2) kinase is associated with cortical microtubules from higher plant protoplastsR Hemsley
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, John Innes Centre, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
FEBS Lett 508:157-61. 2001....