Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institute of Cancer Research
- Chemotherapy-induced apoptosis in a transgenic model of neuroblastoma proceeds through p53 inductionLouis Chesler
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neoplasia 10:1268-74. 2008....
- Genetically engineered murine models--contribution to our understanding of the genetics, molecular pathology and therapeutic targeting of neuroblastomaLouis Chesler
Division of Clinical Studies and Cancer Therapeutics, The Institute of Cancer Research and The Royal Marsden NHS Trust, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, United Kingdom
Semin Cancer Biol 21:245-55. 2011..We review the potential of these models to contribute both to an understanding of the developmental nature of neuroblastoma and to improved therapy for this disease...
- Distinct neural stem cell populations give rise to disparate brain tumors in response to N-MYCFredrik J Swartling
University of California, Department of Neurology, Brain Tumor Research Center and Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Cancer Cell 21:601-13. 2012..These differences were regulated in part by the transcription factor SOX9, activated in the SHH subclass of human medulloblastoma. Our results demonstrate context-dependent transformation of NSCs in response to a common oncogenic signal...
- Malignant progression and blockade of angiogenesis in a murine transgenic model of neuroblastomaLouis Chesler
Department of Pediatrics, Neurology, University of California San Francisco Medical School, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Cancer Res 67:9435-42. 2007....
- Pleiotropic role for MYCN in medulloblastomaFredrik J Swartling
University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Genes Dev 24:1059-72. 2010..Targeted expression of MYCN thus contributes to initiation, progression, and maintenance of MB, suggesting a central role for MYCN in pathogenesis...
- Evaluation of clinically translatable MR imaging biomarkers of therapeutic response in the TH-MYCN transgenic mouse model of neuroblastomaYann Jamin
Division of Radiotherapy and Imaging, The Institute of Cancer Research and Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, 15 Cotswold Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, England
Radiology 266:130-40. 2013..To evaluate noninvasive and clinically translatable magnetic resonance (MR) imaging biomarkers of therapeutic response in the TH-MYCN transgenic mouse model of aggressive, MYCN-amplified neuroblastoma...
- Inhibition of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase destabilizes Mycn protein and blocks malignant progression in neuroblastomaLouis Chesler
Department of Neurology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cancer Res 66:8139-46. 2006....
- The aurora kinase inhibitor CCT137690 downregulates MYCN and sensitizes MYCN-amplified neuroblastoma in vivoAmir Faisal
Cancer Research UK, Cancer Therapeutics Unit, The Institute of Cancer Research, 15 Cotswold Road, Sutton, SM2 5NG, United Kingdom
Mol Cancer Ther 10:2115-23. 2011..The potent preclinical activity of CCT137690 suggests that this inhibitor may benefit patients with MYCN-amplified neuroblastoma...
- Nordihydroguaiaretic acid inhibits insulin-like growth factor signaling, growth, and survival in human neuroblastoma cellsGary E Meyer
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Cell Biochem 102:1529-41. 2007..In addition, NDGA inhibits the growth of xenografted human neuroblastoma tumors in nude mice. These results indicate that NDGA may be useful in the treatment of neuroblastoma and may function in part via disruption of IGF-IR signaling...
- The ALK(F1174L) mutation potentiates the oncogenic activity of MYCN in neuroblastomaTeeara Berry
Division of Clinical Studies, The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
Cancer Cell 22:117-30. 2012..Our findings demonstrate a pathogenic role for ALK(F1174L) in neuroblastomas overexpressing MYCN and suggest a strategy for improving targeted therapy for ALK-positive neuroblastoma...
- Phase I study of vincristine, irinotecan, and ¹³¹I-metaiodobenzylguanidine for patients with relapsed or refractory neuroblastoma: a new approaches to neuroblastoma therapy trialSteven G DuBois
Department of Pediatrics, UCSF School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:2679-86. 2012..Irinotecan is a known radiosensitizer with activity in neuroblastoma. This phase I study aimed to determine the recommended phase 2 dose of MIBG together with fixed doses of vincristine and irinotecan...