Affiliation: Imperial College
- Role of RhoB in the regulation of pulmonary endothelial and smooth muscle cell responses to hypoxiaBeata Wojciak-Stothard
Centre for Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Experimental Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK
Circ Res 110:1423-34. 2012..RhoB, a protein homologous to RhoA and activated by hypoxia, regulates neoplastic growth and vasoconstriction but its role in the regulation of pulmonary vascular function is not known...
- Endothelial cell migration under flowBeata Wojciak-Stothard
Department of Experimental Medicine and Toxicology, Imperial College London, London, UK
Methods Mol Biol 769:137-47. 2011..This chapter describes methods of generating laminar flow in vitro and studying endothelial cell alignment and motility under flow...
- Rac and Rho play opposing roles in the regulation of hypoxia/reoxygenation-induced permeability changes in pulmonary artery endothelial cellsBeata Wojciak-Stothard
British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Department of Medicine, University College London, 5 University St, WC1 E6JJ London, UK
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 288:L749-60. 2005..Our results show that Rho GTPases act as mediators coupling cellular redox state to endothelial function...
- The ADMA/DDAH pathway regulates VEGF-mediated angiogenesisLorna R Fiedler
National Heart and Lung Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, UK
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:2117-24. 2009..We hypothesized that ADMA/DDAH modifies endothelial responses to vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) by affecting activity of Rho GTPases, regulators of actin polymerization, and focal adhesion dynamics...
- Adenoviral-mediated overexpression of DDAH improves vascular tone regulationBelen Torondel
The British Heart Foundation Laboratories, The Rayne Institute, Division of Medicine, University College London, London, UK
Vasc Med 15:205-13. 2010..Thus, therapeutic manipulation of DDAH expression or activity may represent a novel approach to improve vascular dysfunction in various cardiovascular diseases...
- Rac1 and RhoA as regulators of endothelial phenotype and barrier function in hypoxia-induced neonatal pulmonary hypertensionBeata Wojciak-Stothard
British Heart Foundation Laboratories, Department of Medicine, University College London, 5 University St, London WC1E 6JJ, UK
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 290:L1173-82. 2006..Activation of Rac1 and its effector PAK-1 as well as inhibition of RhoA restored the abnormal phenotype and permeability of hypertensive PAECs to normal...
- The ADMA/DDAH pathway is a critical regulator of endothelial cell motilityBeata Wojciak-Stothard
BHF Laboratories, Department of Medicine, University College London, 5 University Street, London, WC1 E6JJ, UK
J Cell Sci 120:929-42. 2007..These results are the first demonstration that metabolism of cardiovascular risk factor ADMA regulates endothelial cell motility, an important factor in angiogenesis and vascular repair...
- Aberrant chloride intracellular channel 4 expression contributes to endothelial dysfunction in pulmonary arterial hypertensionBeata Wojciak-Stothard
Centre for Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Department of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK B W S, V B A S, K H L, H T, R J E, C J R, J W, L Z, M R W Cardiovascular Pulmonary Research Group, University of Colorado Denver Health Sciences Center, Aurora D C I, C L, Z L, K R S Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, St Louis University, St Louis MO J C E Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Genetics, Centre for Cancer Research, Bethesda, MD S H Y and National Pulmonary Hypertension Service and National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK L S H, J S R G
Circulation 129:1770-80. 2014..CLIC4 regulates vasculogenesis through endothelial tube formation. Aberrant CLIC4 expression may contribute to the vascular pathology of pulmonary arterial hypertension...