Affiliation: Imperial College
- Muscarinic receptor activation of AMP-activated protein kinase inhibits orexigenic neuropeptide mRNA expressionClaire Thornton
Medical Research Council MRC Cellular Stress Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 283:17116-22. 2008..These data support a hypothesis that modulating basal AMPK activity in the hypothalamus is essential for maintaining tight regulation of pathways contributing to food intake...
- AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) is a tau kinase, activated in response to amyloid β-peptide exposureClaire Thornton
Cellular Stress Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, London, UK
Biochem J 434:503-12. 2011..These findings identify a pathway in which Aβ-(1-42) activates CaMKKβ and AMPK via the NMDA receptor, suggesting the possibility that AMPK plays a role in the pathophysiological phosphorylation of tau...
- Investigating the regulation of brain-specific kinases 1 and 2 by phosphorylationNicola J Bright
Medical Research Council Cellular Stress Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Du Cane Road, London, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 283:14946-54. 2008..Furthermore, stimuli that activate AMPK had no effect on BRSK1/2. Finally, we provide evidence suggesting that protein phosphatase 2C is a likely candidate for catalyzing the dephosphorylation and inactivation of BRSK1/2...
- AMP-activated protein kinase: new regulation, new roles?David Carling
Cellular Stress Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, DuCane Road, London, W12 0NN, UK
Biochem J 445:11-27. 2012....
- NMDA receptor function is regulated by the inhibitory scaffolding protein, RACK1Rami Yaka
Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94110 3518, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:5710-5. 2002..Therefore, RACK1 is a regulator of NMDA receptor function and may play a role in synaptic plasticity, addiction, learning, and memory...
- H-Ras modulates N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor function via inhibition of Src tyrosine kinase activityClaire Thornton
Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94110 3518, USA
J Biol Chem 278:23823-9. 2003..This mechanism is specific for Src and NR2A and has implications for studies in which regulation of NMDA receptor-mediated LTP is important, such as synaptic plasticity, learning, and memory and addiction...
- Mind bomb-2 is an E3 ligase that ubiquitinates the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor NR2B subunit in a phosphorylation-dependent mannerRachel Jurd
Gallo Research Center, Department of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, Emeryville, CA 94608, USA
J Biol Chem 283:301-10. 2008..These results identify a specific E3 ubiquitin ligase as a novel interactant with the NR2B subunit and suggest a possible mechanism for the regulation of NMDAR function involving both phosphorylation and ubiquitination...