E L Thomas
Affiliation: Imperial College
- Preferential loss of visceral fat following aerobic exercise, measured by magnetic resonance imagingE L Thomas
The Robert Steiner MR Unit, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, England
Lipids 35:769-76. 2000....
- Magnetic resonance imaging of total body fatE L Thomas
The Robert Steiner Magnetic Resonance Imaging Unit, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0HS, United Kingdom
J Appl Physiol 85:1778-85. 1998....
- Visceral adipose tissue and metabolic complications of obesity are reduced in Prader-Willi syndrome female adults: evidence for novel influences on body fat distributionA P Goldstone
Endocrine Unit, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:4330-8. 2001..05) but not visceral adiposity (P = 0.3-0.6), supporting their association. The cause of the reduced visceral adiposity in Prader-Willi syndrome may reflect novel hormonal, hypothalamic, and/or genetic influences on body fat distribution...
- Intracellular and extracellular skeletal muscle triglyceride metabolism during alternating intensity exercise in humansJ Rico-Sanz
Robert Steiner MR Unit, Hammersmith Hospital, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, London, UK
J Physiol 510:615-22. 1998..Energy for this type of muscle contraction may arise primarily from muscle phosphocreatine (PCr) and glycogen breakdown, circulating glucose and fatty acids from triglycerides other than those encountered within and between muscle cells...
- Noninvasive characterization of neonatal adipose tissue by 13C magnetic resonance spectroscopyE L Thomas
Robert Steiner MRI Unit, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Lipids 32:645-51. 1997..Our results demonstrate that 13C MRS can be utilized to assess noninvasively neonatal adipose tissue lipid composition and to monitor the effects of developmental changes due to gestational age and oral feeding...
- Estimation of abdominal fat compartments by bioelectrical impedance: the validity of the ViScan measurement system in comparison with MRIE L Thomas
Metabolic and Molecular Imaging Group, Imaging Sciences Department, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College, London, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 64:525-33. 2010..The objective of this study was to analyse the validity of the ViScan to assess adult abdominal adiposity across a range of body fatness...
- Neonatal intrahepatocellular lipidE L Thomas
Molecular Imaging Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, London, UK
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 93:F382-3. 2008..In preterm-at-term infants IHCL was significantly elevated when compared with term-born infants and with adults (IHCL CH2/water median (interquartile range): preterm 1.69 (1.04-3.53), term 0.21 (0-0.54) and adult 0.55 (0.08-1.57)...
- Pragmatic study of orlistat 60 mg on abdominal obesityE L Thomas
Metabolic and Molecular Imaging Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 65:1256-62. 2011....
- Diversity in levels of intracellular total creatine and triglycerides in human skeletal muscles observed by (1)H-MRSJ Rico-Sanz
The Robert Steiner Magnetic Resonance Unit, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0HS, United Kingdom
J Appl Physiol 87:2068-72. 1999..4 +/- 19.2 mmol/kg dry wt (TA)]. It is proposed that the differences in metabolite levels may be due to the differences in fiber-type composition and deposition of metabolites due to the adaptation of different muscles during locomotion...
- Influence of undersampling on magnetic resonance imaging measurements of intra-abdominal adipose tissueE L Thomas
The Robert Steiner MR Unit, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College of Medicine, London, UK
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 27:211-8. 2003..To assess the validity of this approach, we have compared single- and multi-slice MRI methods for the measurement of intra-abdominal adipose tissue content...
- Hepatic triglyceride content and its relation to body adiposity: a magnetic resonance imaging and proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy studyE L Thomas
Robert Steiner MR Unit, Imaging Sciences Department, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Rd, London W12 0HS, UK
Gut 54:122-7. 2005..57, p=0.006). CONCLUSIONS: Our results suggest that hepatic steatosis appears to be closely related to body adiposity, especially central obesity. MRS may be a useful method for monitoring IHCL in future interventional studies...
- Fast and reproducible method for the direct quantitation of adipose tissue in newborn infantsT A M Harrington
The Robert Steiner MRI Unit, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Lipids 37:95-100. 2002..Furthermore, its noninvasive nature makes it an ideal method for longitudinal and interventional studies in newborn infants...
- Prediction of specific absorption rate in mother and fetus associated with MRI examinations during pregnancyJ W Hand
Imaging Sciences Department, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College, London, UK
Magn Reson Med 55:883-93. 2006....