Affiliation: Imperial College
- Assessment and feedback in the skills laboratory and operating roomColin Sugden
Division of Surgery, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College, London, UK
Surg Clin North Am 90:519-33. 2010..Therefore, both have an important role to play and should coexist within a continuous assessment pathway...
- The development of a virtual reality training curriculum for colonoscopyColin Sugden
Division of Surgery, Department of Surgery and Cancer, St Mary s Campus, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
Ann Surg 256:188-92. 2012..The development of a structured virtual reality (VR) training curriculum for colonoscopy using high-fidelity simulation...
- What are the effects of sleep deprivation and fatigue in surgical practice?Colin Sugden
Division of Surgery, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, St Mary s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 24:166-75. 2012..Future strategies to mitigate performance decline, such as novel assessment tools and countermeasures with proven efficacy, are presented, and their deployment is discussed in the context of key ethical principles...
- Effect of pharmacological enhancement on the cognitive and clinical psychomotor performance of sleep-deprived doctors: a randomized controlled trialColin Sugden
Division of Surgery, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
Ann Surg 255:222-7. 2012..To investigate the effect of modafinil 200 mg on the performance of a cohort of healthy male doctors after 1 night of supervised sleep deprivation...
- The adoption of advanced surgical techniques: are surgical masterclasses enough?Trystan Lewis
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, London, UK
Am J Surg 204:110-4. 2012..However, there is limited evidence to support that it can help a surgeon adopt a new technique. The aim of this study was to investigate the adoption of surgical techniques after attendance at a surgical master class...