Genomes and Genes
Seif O Shaheen
Affiliation: Imperial College
- Dietary patterns in pregnancy and respiratory and atopic outcomes in childhoodS O Shaheen
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, UK
Thorax 64:411-7. 2009..A study was undertaken to determine whether dietary patterns in pregnancy are related to childhood asthma and related outcomes...
- Randomised, double blind, placebo-controlled trial of selenium supplementation in adult asthmaSeif O Shaheen
Respiratory Epidemiology and Public Health Group, NHLI at Imperial College London, Emmanuel Kaye Building, Manresa Road, London SW3 6LR, UK
Thorax 62:483-90. 2007..The only previous trial of selenium supplementation in adults with asthma found no objective evidence of benefit but involved only 24 participants...
- Prenatal paracetamol exposure and asthma: further evidence against confoundingSeif O Shaheen
Respiratory Epidemiology and Public Health Group, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London, UK
Int J Epidemiol 39:790-4. 2010....
- The relation between paracetamol use and asthma: a GA2LEN European case-control studyS Shaheen
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Emmanuel Kaye Building, Manresa Road, London SW3 6LR, UK
Eur Respir J 32:1231-6. 2008..No association was seen between use of other analgesics and asthma. These data add to the increasing and consistent epidemiological evidence implicating frequent paracetamol use in asthma in diverse populations...
- Umbilical cord and maternal blood red cell fatty acids and early childhood wheezing and eczemaRoger B Newson
Department of Public Health Sciences, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, King s College, London, UK
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:531-7. 2004..Few studies have explored whether fetal exposure to n-6 and n-3 fatty acids influences the inception of atopic disease...
- Prenatal and infant acetaminophen exposure, antioxidant gene polymorphisms, and childhood asthmaSeif O Shaheen
Respiratory Epidemiology and Public Health Group, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 126:1141-8.e7. 2010..Demonstration of biologically plausible interactions between these exposures and maternal and child antioxidant gene polymorphisms would strengthen causal inference...
- Prenatal vitamin d supplementation and child respiratory health: a randomised controlled trialStephen T Goldring
Department of Paediatrics, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e66627. 2013..Observational studies suggest high prenatal vitamin D intake may be associated with reduced childhood wheezing. We examined the effect of prenatal vitamin D on childhood wheezing in an interventional study...
- Respiratory outcomes in early childhood following antenatal vitamin C and E supplementationAnne Greenough
Division of Asthma, Allergy and Lung Biology, MRC and Asthma UK Centre in Allergic Mechanisms of Asthma, King s College London, London, UK
Thorax 65:998-1003. 2010....
- Prenatal nutrition and asthma: hope or hype?Seif O Shaheen
Thorax 63:483-5. 2008
- Peanuts in pregnancy: what is a mother to do?Seif O Shaheen
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:113-4. 2008