Genomes and Genes
Anna M Randi
Affiliation: Imperial College
- Regulation of angiogenesis by ETS transcription factorsAnna M Randi
National Heart and Lung Institute NHLI Cardiovascular Sciences Unit, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, London W12 0NN, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 37:1248-53. 2009..Finally, we discuss novel evidence that shows how these transcription factors act in a combinatorial fashion with others, through composite sites that may be crucial in determining endothelial specificity in gene transcription...
- Transcription factor Erg regulates angiogenesis and endothelial apoptosis through VE-cadherinGraeme M Birdsey
National Heart and Lung Institute Cardiovascular Sciences Unit, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, UK
Blood 111:3498-506. 2008..These results identify a new pathway regulating angiogenesis and endothelial survival, via the transcription factor Erg and the adhesion molecule VE-cadherin...
- The transcription factor Erg controls endothelial cell quiescence by repressing activity of nuclear factor (NF)-κB p65Nicola H Dryden
National Heart and Lung Institute Cardiovascular Sciences Unit, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, London W12 0NN, UK
J Biol Chem 287:12331-42. 2012..These results identify a role for Erg as a gatekeeper controlling vascular inflammation, thus providing an important barrier to protect against inappropriate endothelial activation...
- The transcription factor Erg inhibits vascular inflammation by repressing NF-kappaB activation and proinflammatory gene expression in endothelial cellsAndrea Sperone
Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0NN, England
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:142-50. 2011..To test whether ETS-related gene (Erg) inhibits tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α-dependent endothelial activation and inflammation...
- PPARdelta and PGC1alpha act cooperatively to induce haem oxygenase-1 and enhance vascular endothelial cell resistance to stressFaisal Ali
Bywaters Center for Vascular Inflammation, Cardiovascular Sciences, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 ONN, UK
Cardiovasc Res 85:701-10. 2010..We investigated the role of PPARdelta and its co-activator, PPARgamma co-activator 1alpha (PGC1alpha), in vasculoprotection against oxidant-induced injury via induction of haem oxygenase-1...
- Cytoprotective signaling and gene expression in endothelial cells and macrophages-lessons for atherosclerosisDorian O Haskard
Vascular Science Section, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 ONN, UK
Microcirculation 20:203-16. 2013....
- Protein kinase Cε activity induces anti-inflammatory and anti-apoptotic genes via an ERK1/2- and NF-κB-dependent pathway to enhance vascular protectionOdile Dumont
Vascular Sciences Unit, Imperial Centre for Translational and Experimental Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, London, UK
Biochem J 447:193-204. 2012....
- Endothelial von Willebrand factor regulates angiogenesisRichard D Starke
Cardiovascular Sciences, National Heart and Lung Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Hammersmith Campus, Imperial College Academic Health Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, London, UK
Blood 117:1071-80. 2011..These results may have important consequences for the management of VWD, with potential therapeutic implications for vascular diseases...
- Aprotinin inhibits proinflammatory activation of endothelial cells by thrombin through the protease-activated receptor 1Jonathan R S Day
Eric Bywaters Centre, Imperial College London, Faculty of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 131:21-7. 2006..Here we have examined whether aprotinin inhibits endothelial protease-activated receptor 1 activation and resulting proinflammatory responses induced by thrombin...
- Endothelial intercellular adhesion molecule (ICAM)-2 regulates angiogenesisMiao Tzu Huang
Imperial College, BHF Cardiovascular Sciences Unit, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Blood 106:1636-43. 2005..Our findings identify a novel pathway regulating angiogenesis through ICAM-2 and a novel mechanism for Rac activation during angiogenesis...
- Statin-induced expression of decay-accelerating factor protects vascular endothelium against complement-mediated injuryJustin C Mason
British Heart Foundation Cardiovascular Medicine Unit, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Circ Res 91:696-703. 2002..Modulation of complement regulatory protein expression may contribute to the early beneficial effects of statins in reducing the morbidity and mortality associated with atherosclerosis...